Attn: DFW the people of the UG have spoken

100 random UGer's were asked "

Should Matt "the immortal" Brown get the next title shot if he has an another highlight reel victory against Erick Silva and ko's, tko's or subs him? I think so.... he is ready and can win on any given day against the best in the division.... only difference is with him you will be entertained because he brings it and don't wrestlefuck opponents or play patty cakes for boring decisions. Answer Results Yes 52.00% No 48.00% Total Votes: 100

so there you have it pres.... i know you listen to us here so i just thought i would share MATT "the immortal" BROWN welterweight champion sounds good to the majority of us!

I love Matt Brown and his win streak has been incredible but I still think he should have a win over a top 5 guy before he gets a title shot. Would love to see him and Nick in a 5 round title eliminator. The WW division needs a big draw so Dana should just bite the bullet and pay Nick what he wants. And then just tell him your done renegotiating contracts unless he is the champ. Nick is just wasting away time right now as he isn't getting any younger. Phone Post 3.0

clayclamitia - I love Matt Brown and his win streak has been incredible but I still think he should have a win over a top 5 guy before he gets a title shot. Would love to see him and Nick in a 5 round title eliminator. The WW division needs a big draw so Dana should just bite the bullet and pay Nick what he wants. And then just tell him your done renegotiating contracts unless he is the champ. Nick is just wasting away time right now as he isn't getting any younger. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

ttt

clayclamitia - I love Matt Brown and his win streak has been incredible but I still think he should have a win over a top 5 guy before he gets a title shot. Would love to see him and Nick in a 5 round title eliminator. The WW division needs a big draw so Dana should just bite the bullet and pay Nick what he wants. And then just tell him your done renegotiating contracts unless he is the champ. Nick is just wasting away time right now as he isn't getting any younger. Phone Post 3.0

point is here he should have already had that fight.... it makes a lot more sense than cummins/cormier did so you can't blame a guy for trying... there is definately plenty of people interested in it judging from the amount of views this thread has got in a short amount of time. make it a fox main event and you got a REAL apollo/rocky type fight where the underdog actually has a real chance and it will be exciting for the fans no matter which way it goes.... i love the idea of this fight whether or not other people are more deserving on paper, this would not be the first time it happened where a fight that made more sense for the fans than it did on paper happened, and this one has better marketability than many of the others that did. MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE

ttt

Good Boy Killa - Thread is pointless. Brown is not beating Silva. Phone Post 3.0

what you gonna do when silva becomes one of the many guys featured on Immortal's highlight reel?

I like Matt Brown, but beating Eric Silva shouldn't get him a title shot. I know he's on an impressive win streak, but he hasn't fought anyone in the top 10. Another poster mentioned him fighting Diaz. I think that's a great idea. Phone Post 3.0

Tharian - The thing is ... if Brown KOs Silva he should get a title shot?! Yeah .. but if Silva KOs Brown, by the same logic the should be the one with the shot ... and it's not his time yet !

I got ya on that, but Silva ain't paid the dues Matt has paid and his window is not closing as fast as Matts. Its Matt Brown's time and will be an enjoyable reign if he gets his shot soon... this can't wait another 2 or 3 years or it will be too late... needs to happen YESTERDAY

fightfan1976 -
clayclamitia - I love Matt Brown and his win streak has been incredible but I still think he should have a win over a top 5 guy before he gets a title shot. Would love to see him and Nick in a 5 round title eliminator. The WW division needs a big draw so Dana should just bite the bullet and pay Nick what he wants. And then just tell him your done renegotiating contracts unless he is the champ. Nick is just wasting away time right now as he isn't getting any younger. Phone Post 3.0

point is here he should have already had that fight.... it makes a lot more sense than cummins/cormier did so you can't blame a guy for trying... there is definately plenty of people interested in it judging from the amount of views this thread has got in a short amount of time. make it a fox main event and you got a REAL apollo/rocky type fight where the underdog actually has a real chance and it will be exciting for the fans no matter which way it goes.... i love the idea of this fight whether or not other people are more deserving on paper, this would not be the first time it happened where a fight that made more sense for the fans than it did on paper happened, and this one has better marketability than many of the others that did. MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE

I get your passion to see a possibly incredible fight that has a great story with Matt's background and all the shit he has overcome. I have loved Matt since he was on the Ultimate Fighter and I would love to see him get a shot but I was just stating I think if he fought a guy like Nick, that fight would definitely be a more interesting fight than with Hendricks right now. And a win over Nick would definitely make him the next challenger for Hendricks. Phone Post 3.0