Attn: Eddie Bravo - Armbars

Eddie learned well from the brazilans:)

Well, all right then :)

"thanks for the tremendous intersest in my stuff guys."

We love you Eddie! Of course in a very non-gay, brotherly way.

Any info on instructionals publishing schedule?
June?

Wow. We just got shit on.

Cool!!!

Basics from the seminar concerning armbars are.....

Don't bother trying to finish armbars from the bottom.

Turn them into a sweep attempt and finish from on top,regardless whether your opponent is small or big.Get into the habit.

Use an armbar/cradle type position(spider web) to work

3 different armbar finishes(Silverado-think Vanderlei silva wrist twist-, JJ wrist slide variation and good ol' using the foot to break the grip)

a plain jane bicep crush

and a triangle/armbar bait finish

Basically you always keep control of the guys near leg/hip so that he cannot bridge up while still being able to attack the arm.

So if you are attacking his right arm your left arm is attacking his right arm while your right arm is controlling his right leg/hip.

(Side note the Silverado requires you to release the grip you have on his leg/hip because the move requires you to have both palms together cross-sandwiching his right elbow-this provides the ability to twist the arm up towards the head like a keylock which will ALWAYS break ANY grip).

Coincidentally the Silverado is the SECOND best finish to the armbar I know.What?! Do you REALLY expect me to tell you THE best finish?.................. come on now ;-)

BUT the POSITION, that Eddie teaches to INITIATE the finish from, is the BEST place to start ANY of the aforementioned finishes.

Judah Ciervo

Fight Factory

Many thanks Judah!

Eddie, I can't wait for your DVDs! Many thanks for the hard training, insight and creativity that you bring to the mat.

Eddie what will the cost of the instructionals be.

I just ordered your DVD. If your instructional is coming out this summer, what is going to be on the one I just ordered?

My instructionals will be a 6 dvd set at about $150 a set. Just like Marcello's.

The dvd that is available now, which will be shipped out this Friday, has 17 of my matches, gi and no-gi, from blue belt to Royler, plus tons of extras and hidden easter eggs.

Well, for the techno-virgins, how do you find the easter eggs?