attn: fastnotch331

Here's what you need for the 1969-70 project.

In for GrayBush

He could probably pull that off over a 3 day weekend.

That is really cool.

black89 - That is really cool.

there's the Crown Victoria option as well.

Just saw it I'm 2min in to vid brb.

It's pretty neat , I like everything except using the modern dash. I've found and procured a 93 already , complete truck ,the pass side body is pretty hammered , frame is usable , higher mileage ,motor is hurt , but everything is there . So my plan is build a 393 roller (have like a dozen roller blocks out of vans ) built bottum end (have already 4340 h beams and crank from another project) , girdle ,set of 185cc trick flows off my wife's car , put it all together then either a procharger or I have a vortech from wife's car sitting in a box. Update and build the E40D/4R100, use the 31 spine 8.8 with the 4:10s . One issue once I find the build truck I've been trying to figure out how to keep and use both tanks without making the stock bed sides look too wierd . I'm definitely in for any thoughts from my fellow gear heads .

Thanks for posting that it's pretty neat man . I appreciate it .

Slydawg -

I want his name restored to Fastnotch331. Who do I have to purchase the naming rights from?

I can't get the email to work I've tried a dozen or more times , so if a admin could hook me up and change it back I'd be most appreciative.

GrayBush331 - It's pretty neat , I like everything except using the modern dash. I've found and procured a 93 already , complete truck ,the pass side body is pretty hammered , frame is usable , higher mileage ,motor is hurt , but everything is there . So my plan is build a 393 roller (have like a dozen roller blocks out of vans ) built bottum end (have already 4340 h beams and crank from another project) , girdle ,set of 185cc trick flows off my wife's car , put it all together then either a procharger or I have a vortech from wife's car sitting in a box. Update and build the E40D/4R100, use the 31 spine 8.8 with the 4:10s . One issue once I find the build truck I've been trying to figure out how to keep and use both tanks without making the stock bed sides look too wierd . I'm definitely in for any thoughts from my fellow gear heads .

I thought the new dash was neat, just because I haven't seen one done like that before. Not sure if I would want to do it on a truck of mine or not. Would all definitely be beyond my resources anyway. My current dream project would be a '56 with a 302/E4OD either on a more modern frame or at least with the Crown Vic front end.

Not sure on how to keep the dual tanks, for some reason I vaguely remember seeing the fuel caps and doors relocated to the bed floor, 1/ea in front/back of the driver's side wheel well.

Damn, guess you won't find a truck here, they always had a pretty good selection too.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/08/10/fire-at-classic-car-lot-destroys-around-150-historic-vehicles.html

64FordF100 -
GrayBush331 - It's pretty neat , I like everything except using the modern dash. I've found and procured a 93 already , complete truck ,the pass side body is pretty hammered , frame is usable , higher mileage ,motor is hurt , but everything is there . So my plan is build a 393 roller (have like a dozen roller blocks out of vans ) built bottum end (have already 4340 h beams and crank from another project) , girdle ,set of 185cc trick flows off my wife's car , put it all together then either a procharger or I have a vortech from wife's car sitting in a box. Update and build the E40D/4R100, use the 31 spine 8.8 with the 4:10s . One issue once I find the build truck I've been trying to figure out how to keep and use both tanks without making the stock bed sides look too wierd . I'm definitely in for any thoughts from my fellow gear heads .

I thought the new dash was neat, just because I haven't seen one done like that before. Not sure if I would want to do it on a truck of mine or not. Would all definitely be beyond my resources anyway. My current dream project would be a '56 with a 302/E4OD either on a more modern frame or at least with the Crown Vic front end.

Not sure on how to keep the dual tanks, for some reason I vaguely remember seeing the fuel caps and doors relocated to the bed floor, 1/ea in front/back of the driver's side wheel well.
Ya I'll be thinking how to pull it off even after I get the build truck , sure I'll change my mind 50 times between now and then .
Is a crown Vic front narrow enough for a 56 ? A 5.4 out of a navigator could be cool in one . But ya for that old I'm more inclined to keep it a push rod motor too like you mentioned . I just want to make this a reliable , clean driver , with some more modern amenities. I already have the go fast mobile ,so I'm looking to do something different.

GrayBush331 - 
64FordF100 -

Ya I'll be thinking how to pull it off even after I get the build truck , sure I'll change my mind 50 times between now and then .
Is a crown Vic front narrow enough for a 56 ? A 5.4 out of a navigator could be cool in one . But ya for that old I'm more inclined to keep it a push rod motor too like you mentioned . I just want to make this a reliable , clean driver , with some more modern amenities. I already have the go fast mobile ,so I'm looking to do something different.

lol yeah, it's like the beginning of that video said, the plans are always written in sand.

I think '53-'64 all have the same frame widths (34") and pre-2003 Crown Victorias are supposed to be a pretty easy swap. This is supposed to be a '56 frame: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=203162&d=1501297500

The bare minimum I would want to do would be the disc brake conversion and maybe power steering. Supposedly there's an '84-86 Toyota 4WD truck that the steering column and power steering are a good fit for the mid 60's.

I've missed out on some good stuff lately, I missed a nice '56 and a decent '65 in the last year. We were actually going to go get the '65 and the seller changed their mind the day we were going to go get it (it had been in the family and they kept it).  I want something with an automatic that my wife can drive, because she's always wanting to go to garage sales and buy junk off swap sites that she won't use, and take to Goodwill in 6 months, and I'm always supposed to stop whatever and go pick this junk up.

^ I feel your pain lol . I have a newer truck for my wife and kids junk habit . Well I'm hoping to have a few bucks with my daughter getting a full ride so I won't be spending what I planned on for her . I'm not going to rush the actual project though (actually haven't finished the lemans yet but it's getting there .) I'll have to find different supercharger brackets or just flip the intake and tb and shit around like on a mustang (would be easier ) the donor truck went into a ditch and half rolled ,crushed the side and the cab a bit . I don't want to use the stock lightning wheels I don't think they translate well to the look I'm going for . I dunno tho too many uncertainties to say for sure .

What size shirt do you wear? I'm going to run some old school F100 shirts. I recreated this off a '64 Custom Cab seat.

https://imgur.com/a/qkMnT

Large . Cool . You don't have to do that bro , but I'll accept . Bump this this evening to remind me to sign on and pm you .

No problem at all, I'll run a few of them hopefully in the next week or so. Let me know.

I'm interested they straight up look bad ass . Fuck I gotta go sign in .

Go brush the snow off your porch, you have a package.  I track my stuff and let people know since the time I sent my friend in CA some stuff and it got stolen.

Ttt