ATTN: Fighters or Psyc. Re. Sports Psychology

Hey guys! Im thinking about getting my phd in Psychology. Ive been in school a long time changing majors and stuff and have yet to find something I want to do.

Is there a demand for sports Psychologist?

Are there any fighters out there that use them?

Need help from the UG! Thanks!

ttt

more from reseaarch or from university based positions maybe, im a psych but not a sports psych...i used to be in the same mma class as mark chen who is a uk based pro fighter and sports psychologist... you might want to get in touch with him, probably easiest through cage warriors forum

you should probably look else where besides the ug...do you have an undergrad degree is psych? do you really like psychology/ sports psychology? or do you just want a degree in something to make you money?

subscribed

ttt

SomethingFunny -  you should probably look else where besides the ug...do you have an undergrad degree is psych? do you really like psychology/ sports psychology? or do you just want a degree in something to make you money?

Undergrad in Chemistry...

Im kinda going through an mid 20's-life crisis. I love Psychology and that is the main reason for the change.

I figured what better than two things I love. Psychology and sports. I have heard of a few fighters that went to counseling but not many.

Please note money is not everything. You need to be happy and I am not happy doing what I am doing.

sly fox - more from reseaarch or from university based positions maybe, im a psych but not a sports psych...i used to be in the same mma class as mark chen who is a uk based pro fighter and sports psychologist... you might want to get in touch with him, probably easiest through cage warriors forum

Great! Thanks slyfox!

Nothing? Thought I would have better luck.

ttt

mma fighters dont have much money, nor insurance so the demand isnt there. a lot of strength coaches end up being the motivational type coaches.

My new book is called "The Fighter's Mind," comes out in January. Lots of sports pysch and there is a great need for it in the fight game.

Your first book was a hit!!

Sam Sheridan - My new book is called "The Fighter's Mind," comes out in January. Lots of sports pysch and there is a great need for it in the fight game.

did you fight in a ICE show here in cincinnati