ATTN FIGHTERS : What do you eat before you fight?

I have been dieting for a long time now and I've always been curious, what do you eat before you fight? How long before your fight do you eat your last meal? Do you have any caffeine? Do you ever barf out of nervousness before your fight, and if you do does it affect your performance in any way? Just random questions I always think of when it comes to nutrition. I can imagine eating some type of fruit might be good before hand. Phone Post

Acai smoothies and mango's, of course. Phone Post

Matt Serra eats spaghetti and meatballs.

SmasherSnu - Matt Serra eats spaghetti and meatballs.

Lmao Marinera runs through that mans veins. Matt Serra is the man Phone Post

Ew0k187 -  I have been dieting for a long time now and I've always been curious, what do you eat before you fight? How long before your fight do you eat your last meal? Do you have any caffeine? Do you ever barf out of nervousness before your fight, and if you do does it affect your performance in any way? Just random questions I always think of when it comes to nutrition. I can imagine eating some type of fruit might be good before hand. Phone Post

Pretty cool question...sub'd for pros replies.

TTT Phone Post

Bill O'Really -
Ew0k187 -  I have been dieting for a long time now and I've always been curious, what do you eat before you fight? How long before your fight do you eat your last meal? Do you have any caffeine? Do you ever barf out of nervousness before your fight, and if you do does it affect your performance in any way? Just random questions I always think of when it comes to nutrition. I can imagine eating some type of fruit might be good before hand. Phone Post

Pretty cool question...sub'd for pros replies.

Yup TTT Phone Post

Great question, depending on my weight cut and time left untill the fight u usually rehydrate first. And step by step I eat more.. From breadslices with nutella to pasta's and Rice.. I usually eat untill 3 to 3,5 hours before the fight.. Sub'd for pro answers! Phone Post

With a day before weigh-in, the bulk of the rehydration and replenishment is done in the hours left that day. Stay extra hydrated and eat as you normally would day to day. That's what your body is used to - don't want to be upsetting the boat at this point in time.

So, if you normally have chicken and rice or whatever two hours before a hard sparring session, then a banana hal hour before, do that. It isn't the time to be really changing things up - do what has already worked for your body.

I've had eight pro fights with day before weigh-ins, and the only time I felt really adversely affected by the weight cut was when I wasn't disciplined enough to stay away from the crappy, sugary stuff after I'd rehydrated. Don't make that mistake and binge. Ended up losing a decision that day and it sucked.

Ttt Phone Post

The day of a fight the only meal I eat is breakfast that usually a bowl of granola with raisins and some scoops of almond or peanut butter what ever I have at the house. I continue to drink plenty of water and pedialyte. I then graze the rest of the day eating rice, granola, peanut butter, raisins and other fruits. But not very heavy on the fruits. I will graze up until about 2 hours before fight time. Phone Post

TTT Phone Post

great responses. keep em' coming, thanks guys

it seems as though having different types of carbs through out the day (in shorter amounts) is the way to go, which makes sense

the tuna sammy sounds good, makin me hungry

also found it interesting from UK online that you should just eat like you normally would. if it aint broke, dont fix it

Faber ate pussy before his fight.

But, not everyone has access to his menu options. Phone Post

ttt

In Phone Post

Before my last 2 fights I just stuck what I ate to get down to 170. My body freaks out and doesn't react well if i reintroduce carbs or sugars back. So light carbs in the morning(oatmeal, oatbran.) and chicken and greens until after the fight. Then it's beer and pizza stomach ache time Phone Post

In

Thanks, also interested in hearing about the post-fight meals =) how do you guys binge? Pizza sounds excellent right now Phone Post