ATTN: Granpa

Well well well mutherfucker

http://www.gamespot.com/news/star-wars-the-old-republic-beta-draws-2-million-6347057?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B7

So much for another failed MMO. Hows...fuck! whats the name of that game again?

To be fair all that's saying is 2 million people showed interest in the game and wanna check it out. It will be interesting to see how big the player base is a couple months into release...

I never said it would fail or not sell well. I just said it wasn't a very good MMO, or very fun. I stand by those statements.

But I've moved beyond MMOs so, have fun bro.

That was all preorders too.

Granpa - if you were going to play the game, would you suggest Sniper, Merc, or Sorc?

MMO experienced people usually can smell nerfs and OP lol

Thanks

lol we'll see how long this mmo lasts. Especially given it has no competition at all right now. It should dominate the market. WoW has been stale for awhile. If this game can't thrive in the mmo market right now it has no chance. I'm betting no chance. The novelty of this will wear off after the first 3 months. Then tell us how many subscribers it has. This is the peak for SWOTOR. All downhill from this point

I doubt it. If you see people doing end game PvE that's a good sign, and the PvP seems good so far , and then there will be a lot of people that will roll several characters for the storylines. 3 months seems short to me with the content in there. I bet if you look back to 2004 there were probably a lot of people saying WoW was going to die.  Even you quit WoW YEARS AGO because the "novelty wore off" and years ago and it is still booming with subscribers. Even double-dip subscribers who do RaF...and seriously, NO competition??? WoW just released a major patch with all kinds of shit including customized gear. LOL, you are way off methinks

lol you are way off. SWOTOR is zero competion for WoW. They're not even playing in the same ballpark. So other than WoW where is this mythical competion from other MMOs you are talking about? It doesn't exist. SWOTOR has no other competitors. WoW has gone stagnant. They haven't had increased subscribers in over a year. For everyone they get new, they lose one of their longer subscribers. That's why they won't ever hit their peak subscriber number again. I never said WoW was dead. I said it was stale. And it is. lol @ thinking SWOTOR is competition for WoW. What do you want to bet in 6 months SWOTOR has less subscribers than it does at launch?

All I can say after playing in 3 beta weekends is there is NOTHING else like this game out there anywhere. It really is the next level of gaming. There is so much to this game that I have pretty much quit gaming (except for some odd MW3 and EU3 here and there) until ToR drops as there is nothing else like it. They seem to have even accomplished the impossible in an MMO, which is to make leveling fun.

So you went from 3 months to 6 months...what are you Obama? OK I'll take the bet just because of the money they are throwing at it. Question is what source? If Bioware says in Q2 that they have X subscriptions are you going to argue it? Phone Post

pun how many hours have you logged on said game?

Hooked on phonics doesn't help your reading comprehension I see. I said the novelty will wear off withing 3 months. That's when subscribers will start to drop. At 6 months it's all over for them. But you still believe WoW is otw up. Ont he way up was peak subscribers at 12million. Now it's hovering around 10 and declining, not growing. But you already knew all that right? You weren't just giving your opinion based on zero facts right Obama?

The real question is sustained subscribers, regardless of if he likes it. Wow is around 10.5 mil. From what? In what timeframe? Maybe I'm wrong and people will go back to Pandas and doughnut punching blood elves. I think 1-2 million purchases and 1/2 to 1 mil sustained subscriptions sounds great even if that number is less than Dec 2011. It will do better than RIFT or WAR by far. You have to admit that. Phone Post

Big Pun - Hooked on phonics doesn't help your reading comprehension I see. I said the novelty will wear off withing 3 months. That's when subscribers will start to drop. At 6 months it's all over for them. But you still believe WoW is otw up. Ont he way up was peak subscribers at 12million. Now it's hovering around 10 and declining, not growing. But you already knew all that right? You weren't just giving your opinion based on zero facts right Obama?

So it will get dull in 3 months, subscriptions will plummet in 6. What do you forecast the numbers to be? Phone Post

Big Pun - lol you are way off. SWOTOR is zero competion for WoW. They're not even playing in the same ballpark. So other than WoW where is this mythical competion from other MMOs you are talking about? It doesn't exist. SWOTOR has no other competitors. WoW has gone stagnant. They haven't had increased subscribers in over a year. For everyone they get new, they lose one of their longer subscribers. That's why they won't ever hit their peak subscriber number again. I never said WoW was dead. I said it was stale. And it is. lol @ thinking SWOTOR is competition for WoW. What do you want to bet in 6 months SWOTOR has less subscribers than it does at launch?

Why are you calling it SWOTOR...? Where are you getting that first O from? Do you not understand how acronyms work? You cant just include that first O to make it look like KotOR... Phone Post

You guys gonna be ok?

Yes billy, because the fallback plan is to play cartoon pandas

This is the GamerGround. What does this have to do with Skyrim? xD

theseanster - Yes billy, because the fallback plan is to play cartoon pandas

Fuck Pandas...that shit is lame.