Attn Hapas: Oahu, TME

How's it?

I am headed to Oahu in a couple of weeks. What do you recommend I check out?

What are the good surf beaches that usually aren't too crowded? What are the best hikes? Where is the best food? I might do some snorkeling while I am there too.

A haole wants to know too.

Go to big I Phone Post 3.0

How much would a ticket from Oahu to the big island cost?

and LOL @ the best thing to do in a place being leaving.

I'll be there for about a week, so I wouldn't mind hoping an island.

Waves are small right now but get little bit. There are tours that bring you from oahu to the big island for a day. I work for a tour company so if you want info let me know and I'll point you in the right direction. Phone Post

hagisan - 

Waves are small right now but get little bit. There are tours that bring you from oahu to the big island for a day. I work for a tour company so if you want info let me know and I'll point you in the right direction. Phone Post

Info please.

What are you looking to do? Phone Post

Hiking and hitting the beaches mostly. Good food and cool people are a plus as well. Anything fun really.

cdmontgo - How's it?

I am headed to Oahu in a couple of weeks. What do you recommend I check out?

What are the good surf beaches that usually aren't too crowded? What are the best hikes? Where is the best food? I might do some snorkeling while I am there too.

Go to kauai or BI then. Phone Post

Oahu is more city so you might want to rent a car if you want to do more nature type things.
We have good food here in Waikiki but it can get expensive. I would look in the Midweek newspaper for coupons and ads for restaurants that serve the kind of food you like. Phone Post

Will do. Thanks, bruddah.

If you want to go on more organized type of tours like Arizona Memorial or a luau, ttt this thread and I will do my best to help you out. Today is actually my last day here but I know some people that are nice and will show you some aloha. Phone Post

k, I'll keep that in mind. I typically avoid the organized tours and just do my own thing. Mostly because the tours tend to be more tourist trap stuff whereas I would rather relax and get into local culture and whatnot.

...but I will let you know if I change my mind.

Info on mountain biking and weed requested. Would my California rec work there? Phone Post 3.0

antifret - Info on mountain biking and weed requested. Would my California rec work there? Phone Post 3.0
Nooooooooooo.... Phone Post 3.0

When are you coming and where are you staying? Phone Post

hagisan - Oahu is more city so you might want to rent a car if you want to do more nature type things.
We have good food here in Waikiki but it can get expensive. I would look in the Midweek newspaper for coupons and ads for restaurants that serve the kind of food you like. Phone Post

You live here too? I am right in Waikiki Phone Post

Matt Phillips - 

When are you coming and where are you staying? Phone Post

I'll be there during the last week of the month.

I'm trying to sort out the housing situation now. I'm trying the couchsurfing thing for the first time, but a lot of people aren't responding to my requests. I just looked at flipkey for vacation rentals as a backup, and there are always hostels and hotels.

Any recommendations?

cdmontgo -
Matt Phillips -  When are you coming and where are you staying? Phone Post

I'll be there during the last week of the month.

I'm trying to sort out the housing situation now. I'm trying the couchsurfing thing for the first time, but a lot of people aren't responding to my requests. I just looked at flipkey for vacation rentals as a backup, and there are always hostels and hotels.

Any recommendations?

I really depends on your budget to be honest.

There are some relatively inexpensive hotels in waikiki, some hostels as well. Not sure about the whole couch surfing thing.

Let me get to my laptop and ill toss some recommendations your way.

Are you just coming out for vacation? Anything youre really trying to do? Phone Post