attn: Helwiig...Giants

Hey bro, how's it going. I enjoy your posts, you should get on here more often. hey, your posts awhile back about giants really intrigued me. You know, I remember a guy in colledge telling me that he thought dinosaurs were contemporary with men and I thought he was a total nut. I guess now I'm a nut.

Anyway, it is really interesting to me that there where really all of these giant animals (dinosaurs, mammals) etc. contemporary to man yet we are to believe that there were no giant men? Especially in light of the fact that we have both very large men (Shaq, Manute Bol, Shawn Bradley) and true giants (Andre the Giant, world tallest man etc) in modern days.

It really amazes me that many of the myths really did have their origins in some type of facts.

Rooster,

Im obviously not Helwig, but Ive read some on giants.

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be a hundred and twenty years.
Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

The Angels had sex with women and produced Giant offspring. Thats why God destroyed the earth.

Von Daniken has a book titled "Odyssey of the Gods" where he thinks that aliens were the Greek Gods and that they were Giants and had the power of technology. Thus were worshiped as Gods.

EW Bullinger in his companion Bible thinks its a possibility that the offspring of people/fallen angels created Giants that made the Great Pyramid of Giza and other ancient wonders of the past. Since fallen angels are not from earth its no wonder that they had star charts and things like that. Some people think that when Ezekiel is visited in the first chapter of his book, that God was in a spaceship.

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Satan is described as the prince of the power of the air. In Revelations it speaks of war in Heaven.

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Kind of like Starwars, I imagine.

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

A space city coming from the stars will land on earth!

Hi bro, I don't really buy the aliens thing. but I think it's way to casual to dismiss giant men in lieu of giant lizards, giant mammals, giant insects and giant plants.

I don't know how "giant" men got. Most of the stuff Helwig sent me seemed no larger then about 10 feet max. However, they didn't look like real athletic type guys. They also seemed to die young.

however, the larger mammals, lizards, insects etc. all seemed designed to hold their frames. Maybe guys like Shaq are closer to real giants. Big guys who look proportional and are athletic rather then the pituatary overloaded large men. It's really interesting.

Goliath
Goli'ath. (splendor). A famous giant of Gath, who "morning and evening for forty days," defied the armies of Israel. 1Sa_17:1. (B.C. 1063). He was possibly descended from the old Rephaim, see Giants, of whom a scattered remnant took refuge with the Philistines, after their dispersion by the Ammonites. Deu_2:20-21; 2Sa_21:22.
His height was "six cubits and a span," which taking the cubit at 21 inches, would make him 10 1/2 feet high. The scene of his combat with David, by whom he was slain, was the "valley of the terebinth," between Shochoh and Arekah, probably among the western passes of Benjamin. In 2Sa_21:19, we find that another Goliath of Gath was slain by Elhanan, also a Bethlehemite.

Smith's Bible dictionary says Goliath was 10 1/2 feet tall! In the same Companion Bible by Bullinger he describes an archealogical site that showed a building with a door 30 ft tall. A spoon like eating utensil that was 30 some inches with an abnormally large top. I think that was found in Egypt as well. I used to have a book explaining that everything was bigger before Noah's flood. Using grapes and things for example but I havent been able to find it, and I cant remember who wrote it.

Man, that's wild.

Hey Rooster. I have always been into the extremes of different categories. And giants is an area of special interests.

One major porblem though is that there isnt a clear cut way of verifying info you read. Ive read in both books and websites about sites where giant skeletons and utensils, tools etc were found. Even firsthand eyewitness accounts by Columbus and others of men who could lift objects that 4 men could not.

But the prob with free speech is that anyone can write whatever they want. I am not convinced that there is a secret conspiracy to supress info on giants.

Theres a book called something like Genisis 6 giants: Master Builders of Ancient Civilizations.

From what I gather, the theory is that giants were both capable of leading by force and of doing work that ordinary men could not.

Its cool stuff and most things have a shred of truth behind them if you go back far enough.

Mind you that Im talking about true giants and not pituitary gland tumor people.

Yeah, I caught some of the non verifiable "stuff" taken as evidence. So you think there was a difference between the pituitary gland giants and these other giants?

Bludhall, we are not talking about the immigration problem...sheesh...

"So you think there was a difference between the pituitary gland giants and these other giants?"

Well if you see references to a race of giant people do you get the impression that they all had gigantism or were just genetically bigger?

"Your mother been telling you stories about me again?"

Great movie.

Wow there, having a 30ft door does not mean people were 25ft tall. Castles in the 18th cent were made with giant doors and ceilings because they showed wealth and were grandiose- not cause people were huge.

That said, there is a theoretical limit of the human bone structure at around 12 feet. There is a theoretical limit of the human heart at about 15 feet. Think about this guys, for every pound on your body (adult) your heart pumps blood a KILOMETER! Think how much harder a single pump would have to work to circulate blood in someone over 9 feet tall compared to people 5-6 feet. Think about all those extra pounds and all those kms and therefore how much the heart has to work. Above a certain height, the human design does not function.

MS

But wouldnt Giants have bigger hearts?

Nice Braveheart reference.

But wouldnt Giants have bigger hearts?

They would have to have completely different hearts from humans, I believe - not just proportionally larger ones.

It's been about ten years since I did my Biology GCSE, but I'm pretty sure that there's some kind of formula demonstrating that a creature double the size of a human would require a heart of much greater than double size in order to function properly. Ditto the lungs.