attn: Homelander

Hey a week or so ago you asked me if I've been to any of the gun shows in Crown Point recently.

Are you in the area?

Not currently, but I've lived all over the midwest.  I asked since you'd mentioned that you used to live in IL then moved across the state line.  That gun show was always known for being a popular with people that live in certain city ;)

Homelander - 

Not currently, but I've lived all over the midwest.  I asked since you'd mentioned that you used to live in IL then moved across the state line.  That gun show was always known for being a popular with people that live in certain city ;)

Whenever I've gone there, they card you as soon as you walk through the door. And if you're from IL, they ask for your FOID card. They also give you a wristband, and if you're from IL without a FOID card, you get a different color one.

I've never seen them sell anything there without doing a background check, at least with firearms.

Haven't been there in a couple of years. 

Last time I went, I should have bought some body armor someone had

PatK -
Homelander - 

Whenever I've gone there, they card you as soon as you walk through the door. And if you're from IL, they ask for your FOID card. They also give you a wristband, and if you're from IL without a FOID card, you get a different color one.

I've never seen them sell anything there without doing a background check, at least with firearms.

Haven't been there in a couple of years. 

Last time I went, I should have bought some body armor someone had

I haven't been to it in years, and I know they were hardcore about preventing straw purchases etc.  However, guys that had retired and given up their FFLs used to setup and sell their private collections.

For a tiny show, you could usually find what you needed.

Opened thread with different expectations.  

:P