ATTN: Iowa State Cyclones

It's not so easy to be ranked in the Top 25 & go on the road and win against a good team, is it? LOL.

It's a hell of a lot easier to be expected to lose and pull out a win....when expectations are low any success is amplified. When expectations are high any mistakes or missed opportunities are amplified.

I would hardly call Nebraska a "good" team. Both teams were overated to begin with.

Hook em Horns!

what a dickhead. iowa was a top 10 team who you thought had a chance at the national championship and big 10 title and they got fucking owned by the cyclones(an unranked team) and now your gonna say thats the same as iowa state losing to nebraska? iowa has greatly underachieved this year, no reason they shouldnt have beaten iowa state easy and at least hung with ohio state not get blown out.

"iowa was a top 10 team who you thought had a chance at the national championship and big 10 title"

Another example of PreSeason rankings being shit. Also, I don't think you'll find any posts of me honestly saying Iowa was going to win the national championship. I've been worried about them since the first rankings came out, which gets back to the point of this thread. I was much happier when the Hawks were unranked to start the season, much like Notre Dame this year. It ain't easy to be a midsized football program and maintain a top 10 ranking.

That being said, the Hawks were 2-2 last year as well and got spanked by Arizona State before winning out, so I can hold out hope still.

"no reason they shouldnt have beaten iowa state easy"

Except their All Big 10 QB was out for 3/4 of the game. I'm not making excuses as ISU was ready to go that day, but don't you agree that with Tate out Iowa is a MUCH less dangerous team?

of course without Tate iowa is a much worse team but didnt iowa state KNOCK him out of the game?

so you WANT iowa to start the season out of the top 25? thats the reason auburn wasnt in the national championship game and oklahoma was last year. it is MUCH MUCH MUCH better to be ranked as high as you can preseason

Tate made a tackle on an INT and KO'd himself.

I agree about the rankings...however, Iowa has proven the last few years to be a slow starter & strong finisher. Therefore, if that holds true, being rated that high early on was not good for them.

LOL @ losing AT HOME to Baylor.

Doooooh!

Don't be so bitter that your team got embarassed by Iowa State. It's ok, you lose to your in state rival once in awhile.

Just deal with it and hope they don't choke next year. Don't bring it up every week.

iowa doesnt lose to iowa state once in a while, it has been a regular occurence. i cant remember the exact numbers but i think iowa is like 2-5 against iowa state the last 7 years

"Don't be so bitter that your team got embarassed by Iowa State. It's ok, you lose to your in state rival once in awhile. Just deal with it and hope they don't choke next year. Don't bring it up every week."

Thanks...I'm 32 years old. I'm a fan of the Hawkeyes, Bears & Cubs. I understand how to deal with losing. It's the fucking company-wide emails that get sent when ISU beats Iowa that piss me off.

When my team wins I generally move on and don't rub it in. ISU fans acted like they won the Rose Bowl after they beat the Hawks. I had to listen to them. I had to read the Des Moines Register about it. Then they went and lost to Baylor at home. LOL. So much for the Big Time, huh?

"so by UG logic, does this mean Baylor would be Iowa?"

Riiiiiiight.

"iowa doesnt lose to iowa state once in a while, it has been a regular occurence. i cant remember the exact numbers but i think iowa is like 2-5 against iowa state the last 7 years"

Actually, 2-6 in the last 8 years. Iowa won 15 in a row from '83-'97, then lost 5 in a row, then won 2 and then lost this year. Overall Iowa is 35-18 vs. ISU.

lol, I'm also a Cubs and Bears fan, so I can feel your pain there.

You have to understand Iowa State fans in the state of Iowa. This is not like a Michigan/Michigan Sate rivalry. They are more happy that Iowa loses that if they win.  Typical Iowa State fan will talk how much about how the Hawks suck and that Iowa State owns them, but will draw a blank expression on thier face if you ask them the name of their starting quarterback.

Iowa State plays for one game during the year: Iowa and their fans are the same way.  Last year with the chance to win the Big 12 north outright at the last home game, Jack Ass Trice stadium was "packed" with 35,000 fans.  This is about 60% of thier seating capacity.  Why?  Becasue they could care less about their team doing well. If this was a different rivalry Hawkeyefan's comments might be out of line, but he is on the money as far as when it comes to this state.

From CityView paper...pretty much sums it up, IMO...

Only in Ames, Iowa, would a team that supposedly "shocked the world" while winning "one of the biggest games in its program's history" have to have its coach go begging to the press in order to get people to attend its final two home games. Iowa State, which has thrown together some solid middle-of-the-pack bowl seasons and even won a few games it wasn't supposed to here and there, is on its knees pleading for its so-called fans to actually come out and fill its meager 54,000-seat stadium (some 20,000 smaller than legendary Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City), all in hopes of being the team that gets slaughtered by Texas in the Big XII Championship game. Never mind that teams that typically do well (and Dan McCarney has turned lemons into not quite as bad lemons) get support from alumni, students and media outside their own backyard, for some reason home games in Lames are the equivalent to NCAA Bird Flu. CV

LFMAO at this haterade thread