ATTN: Joe Rogan. Only The Ref Can Stop Eye Pokes

FETT_ LayNprayNINJA - 
stonepony -
gokudamus - I'll tell you how to stop it. Make sticking your hand out open a penalty. Period. Phone Post 3.0

When Bones does it, his fingers are vertical. It should be a legitimate tactic to use a big open hand in the face to obstruct the other fighter's view and to distract them. etc.

http://fiveozofpain.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/gallery/5-quotes-from-jon-jones-alexander-gustafsson-on-ufc-165-main-event/5790868-750x340-1379607739.jpg

Should be a warning.
Blue please? Thanks.

Should be a warning how many times?????

Jones was warned around a dozen time in one fucking fight. When is warnings not enough? Phone Post

Durrr.

And, I don't think JJ has ever poked any fighter in the eye? In slow motion you can see it's clear that he is careful with his fingers.

They should get a warning for when the fingers are horizontal, moving toward the eyes. It would be stupid to make it illegal for Jones to face-palm his hand vertically in front of a fighter without touching them. These rules add up a contrived sport, akin to any other stick and ball game.

MMA must be as freestyle as possible. Otherwise it's no longer real MMA. Unfortunately a lot of fans are fine with that. Fine with ropes, and rules, and all these contrivances designed to skew the sport away from pure MMA.

The Athletic Commissions need to get involved and review some of these eye pokes and start laying down the law on intentional pokes. You start hitting guys with suspensions and in the pocketbook and you'll see some of the bs stop.

Unintentional ones will always be a problem. Phone Post

Hired Gun - 

The Athletic Commissions need to get involved and review some of these eye pokes and start laying down the law on intentional pokes. You start hitting guys with suspensions and in the pocketbook and you'll see some of the bs stop.

Unintentional ones will always be a problem. Phone Post

Don't think I've ever seen an intentional eye poke in the UFC.
Only intentional foul I can think of would be Congo with the revenge-knees to the balls. Dirty fighter.

stonepony - 
gokudamus - I'll tell you how to stop it. Make sticking your hand out open a penalty. Period. Phone Post 3.0

When Bones does it, his fingers are vertical. It should be a legitimate tactic to use a big open hand in the face to obstruct the other fighter's view and to distract them. etc.

http://fiveozofpain.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/gallery/5-quotes-from-jon-jones-alexander-gustafsson-on-ufc-165-main-event/5790868-750x340-1379607739.jpg

Should be a warning.
Blue please? Thanks.

thats too much to ask a ref to judge during a fight...unless you are going to clinch extending your open hand outwards should be a foul regardless of wehther or not you touch your opponent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCJZTw8Y_h0
00:35, Is completely legitimate.

The refs are perfectly capable of recognizing the difference. IMO. Rob JBJ of his tools as a martial artist, and when he loses it won't mean anything. Every fight suddenly has an asterisk next to it.