Attn: Keith Kizer Re: Matt Hamill

I am wondering about the decision that was made pre-fight on letting Hamill fight with a blatant staph infection. Reading an article on MMAJunkie by the doctor that write articles for them periodically, he implies that in no way should Hamill been able to fight not only for his safety but for the safety of the officials in contact with him, the referee in the cage, the fighter he was fighting (Keith Jardine especially once Jardine was opened up), and the fighters and referees that came in contact with the cage after that fight.

My question is: what precautions were taken before the fight in order to ensure that his staph infection or MRSA was not spread to anyone else? Hamill stated in the post fight interviews that he knew it was staph but was not on antibiotics for it as of yet meaning it was still very highly contageous.

Thanks as always in advance for answering my question.

how 'bout it, Keith? seemed fucked up to a lot of us.

What was Kizer thinking?

ttt

ttt

yyy

rules dont apply to the cash cow guys..how about tavares fighting right after getting KOd

Tavares getting KOd was months ago, so what you mean right after getting KOd?

Jspec - Tavares getting KOd was months ago, so what you mean right after getting KOd?

ko'ed against seth then fought court

Although you say you read the Fight Doc article on MMAJunkie.com, I find that hard to believe if you are blaming Kizer in this. As the doctor stated in that article, this decision is not made by the athletic commission, it is solely based on the recommendation by the examining physician. While maybe NVSAC should have pressed the issue, if the physician clears him to fight, then he's cleared to fight.

thats a scary place to have staph, hope hamills alright.

LOL at expecting Keith to come up with a "respectable" answer to a very serious question.

"As long as Matt was properly greased up... the staph was well contained."

- Keith Kizer 

budd1e_lee - Although you say you read the Fight Doc article on MMAJunkie.com, I find that hard to believe if you are blaming Kizer in this. As the doctor stated in that article, this decision is not made by the athletic commission, it is solely based on the recommendation by the examining physician. While maybe NVSAC should have pressed the issue, if the physician clears him to fight, then he's cleared to fight.

lol, read what you wrote.

The AC doesn't make the decision, it is BASED off the RECCOMENDATION by the doctor.

That means the AC makes the decision lol.

budd1e_lee - Although you say you read the Fight Doc article on MMAJunkie.com, I find that hard to believe if you are blaming Kizer in this. As the doctor stated in that article, this decision is not made by the athletic commission, it is solely based on the recommendation by the examining physician. While maybe NVSAC should have pressed the issue, if the physician clears him to fight, then he's cleared to fight.

I'm not blaming anyone for anything, simply asking what kind of precautions they used in order to ensure the fighters safety as well as everyone elses that could have came in contact with them and the cage.

Also, the athletic commission does make the final decision. They get a recommendation from a doctor but ultimately, it is the athletic commission that makes the final decision.

I have a feeling they might of needed to get a second opinion but based on the lack of time, it seems like they just went with the whole "lets hope for the best" scenario. I'm not blaming anyone but I would like to know what they did.

As far as maybe it was past the infectious phase, Hamill said in the post fight interview that he hadn't received antibiotics for it as of yet and was going to do so today so, I have to assume it is still contageous especially when a fighter has a cut IE Keith Jardine.

ttt

That was a nasty looking lesion. If Hamill had the same thing in a wrestling tournament, he would not have been able to compete after they did the skin check.

Isn't staph highly contagious, especially when it comes in contact with blood?

Athletic commissions are a joke.

Government entities have no place in professional sports.

Saw the big hole in his back as sonnas he turned around and thought W.....T.....F......???? He should'nt of been fighting anyone with that thing.

Shameful. And of course Jardine was in no position to refuse to fight and kill the main event, knowing he is on thin ice with his numerous losses.

pattitude - That was a nasty looking lesion. If Hamill had the same thing in a wrestling tournament, he would not have been able to compete after they did the skin check.

Isn't staph highly contagious, especially when it comes in contact with blood?

True. I always hated skin checks. One time they made me cover up a zit I had on my face. I tried to explain that when you wear headgear in practice  and you practice 5 datys a week...and you are a 16 year old male, sometimes zits form and it wasn't a freaking skin disease.

They almost didn't let me wrestle until I bitched enough and they made me put a bandaid on it...which of course fell off 10 seconds into my first match of the tournament.

Half the freaking wrestlers had bandaids on their faces because of zits. God that was annoying