ATTN KIRIK. RE: DROID UG APP

Hey Kirik,

Just wanted to bring to your attention that 11 out of the last 15 ratings on the UG app for Droid are two stars or below out of five. Reviews include:

"Garbage. Paid to just lurk. No posting."

"Constant promises for the last year to allow mobile posting. Now you can't even get a reply from the (mod) on when this is actually going to happen."

"good God, make it so we can post! stop f****** around!"

"Needs posting for Droid."

"Will be 5 stars as soon as posting is enabled for Droid."

"Still no posting. 1 star until then."

"Needs an update for posting."

"1 star until you can post on a forum other than than great"

"If you are trying to post don't waste your money! RIPOFF"

You just keep promising that the app will update and never release details. If you dont plan to update it, tell us that there are no plans to do it at this time. Don't lie to us and get our hopes up. And I'm not hating on this site, man. I love it and I love posting here. I even said I'd re-new my blue once you updated the app.

ttt

ttt

Does that make a ton of sense??

If they is a functional app already for a version of iOS, why not do Android and then focus on catering to Apple users more....

YOU CANT DENY US ANYMORE. WE ARE A HUGE SEGMENT OF THE MARKET

Sagiv Lapkin - They are working on the iPad version now, and will update the Android app after that.

well thats just plain dumb. but thanks for the update.

And thats just US, where Apple is based out of, once I can find some more awesome graphs that show international marketshares... well... you better watch out...

oh look at the smart man proving everyone wrong with a graph. how scientific. good job.

Sagiv Lapkin - 
TheWelshmanBonedMeUpMyChutebox - Does that make a ton of sense??

If they is a functional app already for a version of iOS, why not do Android and then focus on catering to Apple users more....
 The iPad app isn't just the iPhone app in a larger size. It's a completely different type of app.

I understand. Believe it or not I worked for Apple for 3 years, in technical support.

If you go back and read what I wrote it says: already for A version of iOS, referring to the iPhone app that appears fully functional.
So let the Apple fanboys use their phones (just like they have been for x amount of time and been content) to post on the UG while the Android app is updated.

Then, once you have your mobile phones covered, move on the the iPad app
(You'd have to consider how many people that own iPads also own iPhones, this is speculation, but I'd say the majority)

Am I making sense?

Sushi and Thunder Balls - oh look at the smart man proving everyone wrong with a graph. how scientific. good job.

Youre absolutely right, but the second one actually kind of took away from my argument.

And if you could read better you'd see that I am on the same side of the argument as you.

Im only being a bitch about it because I love this site and I love my phone. I just wish they would love each other

WAIST OF MONEY

lol @ those maps, android has 35% of the market right now and climbing, and iPhone is in dead last place.

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/48744.php

nokia is still huge outside the west civ's eh?

I haven't ranked the Android app, but it's horrible. Horrible interface, horrible looks, horrible, horrible, horrible. Not sure I'd want posting tacked onto the app in its current state. I deleted it and just use my browser.

The app isn't all that terrible. But the fact that you can't post makes it a waste of money.

TheWelshmanBonedMeUpMyChutebox - 
Sushi and Thunder Balls - oh look at the smart man proving everyone wrong with a graph. how scientific. good job.

Youre absolutely right, but the second one actually kind of took away from my argument.

And if you could read better you'd see that I am on the same side of the argument as you.

lol i didnt even notice it was you. i thought it was some other scrub posting graphs trying to prove us wrong, but it shows how much android has grown over the years (long day at work, forgive me)

yeah. this app sucks. it doesn't work half the time. you can't post. and for god's sake, i know it's probably in both versions, but one of the forum options is the TUF 10 forum! wtf??? they just dont update things. the ug app is so damn wonky it's not even funny.

the android app BLOWS.

hey chris-check this out http://www.mountainbuzz.com/index.php?page=mobile this app works seemlessly on my android. you can post, im, the whole shebang. maybe look into what driver (or whatever it is you nerds call it) they are using. it is very user friendly and intuitive. oh yeah, its freakin free too. paying site members should never have had to pay for the mobile app, imo.

thanks for listening

-MM

ttt