Attn Kirk: Can we ban everyone

who still thinks Floyd carried Conor?

ban op

2 Likes

4 Likes

Ill Find My Own Way To The Door Thankles

1 Like

I think you misunderstood, nobody thinks he picked up Conor and carried him around.

He did however carry him through that fight.

5 Likes

Define carried.

If I challenge my friend to a one mile race (he ran that distance competitively in college) and I take off super fast, have a lead for the first 200 meters then fade, and he ends up beating me by a ton…can I really walk around saying I was winning in the beginning? Does it make sense to say he was letting me win, as if he was only giving me a head start to make it interesting for the crowd, then started trying at the end?

Or is it more likely that he ran his race at the pace that’s most effective for him to win?

I never liked the “carried” him phrasing for Conor, because I don’t think Floyd intentionally didn’t try to make the fight interesting. I think he fought at the pace he always fights at, fought the same smart fight he always does, and didn’t really put his foot on the gas until he saw Conor was fading and didn’t pose a threat anymore.

I think when some people say that Floyd carried him, they’re saying that Floyd wasn’t going for the KO early and trying to get Conor out of there…but that’s not how Floyd has ever fought. I don’t think he intentionally didn’t try, I think he fought his fight, completely independent of the irish guy who was sprinting out to an “early lead” at a pace he couldn’t possibly keep.

1 Like

Didn’t read lol

5 Likes

Floyd lost by dq when he turned his back vs punches after Conor leveled him with a bodyshot.

1 Like

I say ban everyone period.

2 Likes

That might be a little awkward …

I banned the OG, but failed.

4 Likes

Holy life story Batman

I wouldn’t say floyd carried him but floyd could’ve ended that fight whenever he wanted to.

2 Likes

Floyd 100% carried Conor lol

5 Likes

How do you call something nonsense and say this right after lol

1 Like

True lol, I guess he hates the yen! So he carried larger men but when he fought a smaller guy immediately demolished him. Hmmm…

Maybe because he got $9 million for the Tenshin fight and $280 million vs McGregor. Why would he want to cash in on another Tenshin fight when he realized afterwards how much he could make against youtubers and mma fighrers.

Whyd he take that fight to start with? Did he have that realization during the 1st round lo.

That was the first of his exhibition fights and hes admitted that he messed up taking that fight for so little. I think he was trying to start up a relationship with the japanese and misread the market since he was doing his own managing and booking. He recovered nicely though.