ATTN LEOs

Not Leo's like astrological.

Had a cop buddy forward this vid to me about random stops and the shit cops watch for training.

This guy fucked up big time and should have tazed that fucker immediately. What would you do or have done differently?

Shortoftheweek.com/2014/06/30/random-stop/ Phone Post 3.0

Anyone? Phone Post 3.0

This is a reenactment of an actual dash cam video from Deputy Dinkhellers patrol vehicle.

As the video states at the end he was 22 years old and worked in a small rural county of South Georgia. Unfortunately Deputy Dinkheller failed to take action quick enough....he never had control of the stop ......and it cost him his life.....

The real video is very sad......it's out there if you need for some reason to hear his real screams for his life...

This is the OG....some of you will like it. Phone Post 3.0

Is this really what they show them for training?

I wonder how many LEOs learn "the people you stop will kill you if you let them."  

Timbo Slice -

I wonder how many LEOs learn "the people you stop will kill you if you let them."  

Google Deputy Dinkheller video.....it is actually what happen....the deputy is dead and it happen just like the training video depicts. Phone Post 3.0

I've seen it before. Very horrible. Phone Post 3.0

Meastt - This is a reenactment of an actual dash cam video from Deputy Dinkhellers patrol vehicle.

As the video states at the end he was 22 years old and worked in a small rural county of South Georgia. Unfortunately Deputy Dinkheller failed to take action quick enough....he never had control of the stop ......and it cost him his life.....

The real video is very sad......it's out there if you need for some reason to hear his real screams for his life...

This is the OG....some of you will like it. Phone Post 3.0

thanks for the entertains brah. VU

/sarcasm, for the idioted inclined

Yeah the dinkheller video was rough. You hear his last breath before Brannan was standing over him and shot him in the head. Sad he was about 30 mins off from finishing his shift Phone Post 3.0

Tragic shit :( I'd never heard of this story before today.

That cop was too nice and it cost him dearly. We all know a city cop would have blasted him without hesitation. Do they train running behind the squad car to reload? I know it was heat of the moment but holy shit it escalated quickly. I would have tazed him the moment he came at me or when he ran back to the truck. Phone Post 3.0

Later Phone Post 3.0

Tasters weren't in widespread use in 1998, IIRC. That means he would have only had a gun and a baton, most likely. Phone Post 3.0

I can't believe this piece of shit hasn't been put down yet. Phone Post 3.0

LakerUp - 
Timbo Slice -

If an LEO is not mentally prepared for every person they contact to cause them harm, then they're doing it wrong. Whether you believe it or not, you can be both professional/courteous and prepared to defend your life at the same time. Phone Post 3.0

"I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."

-Maslow

LakerUp - 
Timbo Slice -
LakerUp - 
Timbo Slice -

If an LEO is not mentally prepared for every person they contact to cause them harm, then they're doing it wrong. Whether you believe it or not, you can be both professional/courteous and prepared to defend your life at the same time. Phone Post 3.0

"I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."

-Maslow

You're generalizing of course, but there's definitely truth that one of the more difficult parts of this job is maintaing vigilance while also also treating people with appropriate dignity and respect Phone Post 3.0

Like the respect you give people who are "Legally" smoking weed?

It's been legal in cali since 96, yet you make comments on it.

I will say you do conduct yourself quite well and I dont think you are the type of officer most people are so enraged with.

I think the more viral videos coming out lately is really gonna challenge your profession.

I do appreciate public service officers and have utmost respect for the few I know.

Stay safe fren

LakerUp - I was joking with Shen on your Boyle Heights weed thread. Nothing either one of us wrote was serious. I support recreational legalization. Phone Post 3.0

As I said, even voted you up. You seem like a reasonable dude.

I guess I didn't know your take on weed, I might of even laughed at the supposed joke.

I saw this video in the academy. The real one is absolutely horrible to watch.

If you watch "Cops" or any other live police show, suspects about to engage in violence against the police nearly always have "tells" that cue you in to the fact that it is about to happen.

The officers make reasonable requests--things like "sir, please stay in your vehicle--if you need something, wave your hand out the window and I WILL COME TO YOU" or "do me a favor, keep your hands out of your pockets."

Things that any reasonable non-scumbag person would comply with.

The professional shitbag will refuse to comply with a request like this as a test to see if he has a soft cop on him.

If he is allowed to get away with it, they will generally test 1-2 more times. If they are allowed to get away with it, they deem the officer as soft
and commence with the attack.

If you read the FBI papers about cops who were killed in the line of duty, there is a common personality trait among many of them. They are the happy go lucky Barney Fife type of guys that were always hesitant to use force.

Word of advice to the rookies out there or anyone who is considering getting into that career.

When you make a reasonable request that is officer safety related (e.g. stop going into your pockets/reaching for your waistband/getting out of the car)--a request that any law abiding citizen would comply with--and someone refuses it, ask nicely one more time.

If he jerks your chain again, put his face in the pavement and collar him for obstructing or even jaywalking (the latter is great for someone who keeps getting out of the car like the dude that killed the cop in this video).

Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to watch the REAL video of this guy dying and then some cops videos while looking for what I describe.

No, you don't want to be a dick to people. But you also don't want to die a horrible death like this guy did.

Gforce - I saw this video in the academy. The real one is absolutely horrible to watch.

If you watch "Cops" or any other live police show, suspects about to engage in violence against the police nearly always have "tells" that cue you in to the fact that it is about to happen.

The officers make reasonable requests--things like "sir, please stay in your vehicle--if you need something, wave your hand out the window and I WILL COME TO YOU" or "do me a favor, keep your hands out of your pockets."

The professional shitbag will refuse to comply with a request like this as a test to see if he has a soft cop on him.

If he is allowed to get away with it, they will generally test 1-2 more times. If they are allowed to get away with it, they deem the officer as soft

If you read the FBI papers about cops who were killed in the line of duty, there is a common personality trait among many of them. They are the happy go lucky Barney Fife type of guys that were always hesitant to use force.

Word of advice to the rookies out there or anyone who is considering getting into that career.

When you make a reasonable request that is officer safety related (e.g. stop going into your pockets/reaching for your waistband/getting out of the car)--a request that any law abiding citizen would comply with--and someone refuses it, ask nicely one more time.

If he jerks your chain again, put his face in the pavement and collar him for obstructing or even jaywalking (the latter is great for someone who keeps getting out of the car like the dude that killed the cop in this video).

Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to watch the REAL video of this guy dying and then some cops videos while looking for what I describe.

No, you don't want to be a dick to people. But you also don't want to die a horrible death like this guy did.

VTFU

Solid post Phone Post 3.0

Gforce - I saw this video in the academy. The real one is absolutely horrible to watch.

From what Ive seen either of you post, I have "utmost" respect for both of you.