ATTN: Mavs fans

LOL.

By the way, this thread will be my tribute to all you Mav's fans, as I will be updating you all on how much your team fucking sucks several times a day until you win a championship. (You can thank rkjmd for that)

Hey rkjmd, do you still think Dirk is MVP material? The funny thing is that whatever answer you come up with you'll just be owning the fuck out of yourself. I honestly hope that Dirk DOES get the MVP so that it just adds to the legend of how fucking BADLY Dirk choked in the postseason.

Mavs win 67 games, which is a league best. Break numerous franchise and NBA records. Dirk is frontrunner for MVP. Dirk and Josh Howard go to the All-Star game.

Mavs, as a 1 seed, lose to an 8 seed in 6 games. FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED IN A 7 GAME PLAYOFF SERIES (keep breaking those records Dallas). Dirk posts up an MVP worthy 2 of 13 shooting for an incomprehensible 8 points and the Mavs get blown out in a must-win Game 6.

"The Mavs, who lost in last year's NBA finals, became the first time to win 65 games and fail to win at least one playoff series. " Oooh, another record.

Oooh, looks like the Mavs fans have been quick to blame Avery Johnson (who happens to be black), for the choke-job. "SHouldn't have sat the starters!" Yeah, because everyone knows that you always start your starters even when you're locked into the #1 seed. Avery Johnson REALLY went against convention on that one. I mean, what was he trying to do? Be responsible and make sure his starters would be completely healthy in the playoffs by minimizing the risk of injury? What a fucking idiot, right?

And Dirk (who happens to be white) is only partly responsible right? 2 of 13, that's Avery Johnson's fault right?

LOL. Avery Johnson wins Coach of the Year last season and now you MAVERICKS FANS are so quick to blame him.

When it comes down to it, I don't even feel sorry for the Mavs or their fans.

I really do wonder if Avery is going to get shitcanned.

I mean, by all accounts Dallas had superior players, but they were not the superior team.

And then there's the whole debacle of last year's chokejob as well.

The talent is there, but there's just something missing from the Mavs. Is it the coach? Avery seems like a tenacious guy, it just doesn't seem like it transfers to his players.

How the fuck can you try and blame this on Avery?!?!? And I can't stand that mofo.

Awaiting ANY response from the Mav's campe (which has apparently become a ghost town).

""SHouldn't have sat the starters!" Yeah, because everyone knows that you always start your starters even when you're locked into the #1 seed. "

first off, you're an idiot.

second off, why rest the starters agaisnt golden state when you're going back to your regular rotation playing the very next game. it was a bad move by avery, because if the mavs DID beat golden state, they'd be matched up in the first round with the clippers.

avery did this trying to prove to golden state that we're not scared of you, and we could care less who we play. good in theory, but when youre going to end up playing a team you havent beat but 1 time in the last couple years, it's a horrible mistake.

I'm not sure what you are suggesting Avery should have done.

So you're either saying that Avery should have played his starting roster until the very end of the regular season even with the #1 seed clinched,

or

Avery should have rested his players EXCEPT for the 2nd to last game of the season, which is effectively saying that, as a #1 seed with 67 wins on the season, you are afraid of a team barely scraping into the playoffs. You risk injury to your starting lineup just because you don't want to face a team that will be in the 8th seed? You honestly expect him to make such a demoralizing decision?

Either way, yes, Avery Johnson shares blame. His roster changes in Game 1 particularly. But when it comes down to it, it is up to the players to win games. Coaches can't score points, get rebounds, block shots, etc.

"Either way, yes, Avery Johnson shares blame. His roster changes in Game 1 particularly. But when it comes down to it, it is up to the players to win games. Coaches can't score points, get rebounds, block shots, etc."

correct.

Avery is the only non tinman on the team, and so you can't blame him.

"second off, why rest the starters agaisnt golden state when you're going back to your regular rotation playing the very next game. it was a bad move by avery, because if the mavs DID beat golden state, they'd be matched up in the first round with the clippers."

But they wouldn't have beaten GS. And so all you would have accomplished was to let your teams already fragile mental state go even further down the shitter before the freaking playoffs even started. I'm sure the Mavs would have done tons better after letting GS know they were afraid of them. Yeah what in the world was Avery thinking?

Man i'm loving this.

Whether the Spurs win another title or not, seeing the Mavs get handled like that was worth the cost of a Championship, even for my team.

I no longer like Avery. To me, he's a traitor. But whatever.

But his share of blame in this is freakin' tiny. Dirk was a HUGE problem. Look no further than what was pointed out above in Game 6. You would never see Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Robinson, Jordan, Hakeem pull some shit like that in a must win game.

I hate the Mavs, but oddly enough, I kind of like Dirk. But the guy has NO heart. And he heavily relies on the refs to bail him out.

D'antoni didn't rest his guys and they are still sharp.

Just because conventional wisdom says rest, doesn't mean you should. I was worried about that. It was a tactical mistake and Avery made it. Dirk isn't the coach.

The Mavs of the last ten games of the regular season and the playoffs were not the same team that won so many games this year. They were out of sync, they were out of the zone.

The Warriors were hot, and the Mavs hadn't solved the Warriors all year. It was a perfect set up and Avery walked right into it.

AJ should be paid six million a year to be VP in charge of nothing and bring in Carlisle to coach.

"D'antoni didn't rest his guys and they are still sharp."

Coach Pop rested his guys and somehow they made it out of the first round. Keep the excuses coming though.

"The Mavs of the last ten games of the regular season and the playoffs were not the same team that won so many games this year. They were out of sync, they were out of the zone."

It's called peaking to early. You aren't going to get a lot of sympathy for that one.

You know what I was thinking just now?

You know how the Mavs got beaten by the Warriors? I wonder how many Mavs fans are becoming Warrior fans right now. Considering that the only way to diminish the enormity of their postseason collapse would be to have the 8th seed that beat them, win the whole god damn thing.

I don't think anyone would blame you guys, considering the Warriors have a much more exciting game, players that play with intensity and emotion, players that can actually rise to the occasion in the playoffs, coaches who aren't fucking retarded, owners who aren't fucking retarded, etc. etc.

It's all right. You can cheer for them silently, no one will know.