ATTN: McSurly

On Zned's thread about being served the wrong booze at a restaurant, you posted a story about some asshat drinking Miller beer and said that it was in NW Indiana and that the people there are kind of assholes when it comes to eating out.

I live in NWI and was wondering if you'd tell me the place the story happened, and what town.

Not trying to defend anyone, just curious of where I'm thinking this happened matches up with your story.

Oh shit, you insulted his home McSurly!! lol

This is headed to Street Beefs. McSurly wins early by stoppage.

yep.

genuinely curious after that post. i don't live in the area like PatK but i have family in st. john and grew up in Valpo so this shit is pertinent...lol

plus it's slow as fuck at work so this is very interesting.

Since its closed I'll reveal it was in Valpo and they served Thanksgiving dinner every day of the year. Mr. Wright should know immediately if he grew up there.

I lived and worked in both Chicago and Valpo simultaneously for a few years. The way you had to treat guests was immeasurably different, Valpo residents are primma donnas who cannot forgive a perceived slight, no matter how small, because they fervently believe in and worship the philosophy of "The customers always right". A lot of really nice people live there, but they mostly have service expectations that are completely unreasonable.

Canooke - Oh shit, you insulted his home McSurly!! lol

I can ban more than spins. I don't know what that means, but I had to try.

I think Mr. Wright guessed Munster on the other thread, which is a pretty good choice.

McSurly - I think Mr. Wright guessed Munster on the other thread, which is a pretty good choice.

My bad, he guessed St. John, PatK said Munster. Never spent much time in St. John but I know it's lilly-white, or was as far as I remember it.

McSurly - Since its closed I'll reveal it was in Valpo and they served Thanksgiving dinner every day of the year. Mr. Wright should know immediately if he grew up there.

I lived and worked in both Chicago and Valpo simultaneously for a few years. The way you had to treat guests was immeasurably different, Valpo residents are primma donnas who cannot forgive a perceived slight, no matter how small, because they fervently believe in and worship the philosophy of "The customers always right". A lot of really nice people live there, but they mostly have service expectations that are completely unreasonable.

its changed A LOT over the last 30+ years. my parents left in 84 when i was 7. when i visit now compared to what it was like in the mid 80s is like night and day. last couple trips i've made back to NW Indiana I haven't even driven out there. stayed in the St. John/Crown Point/Griffith area but always end up meeting my friends halfway. no need to go all the way out there.

Mr. Wright - 
McSurly - Since its closed I'll reveal it was in Valpo and they served Thanksgiving dinner every day of the year. Mr. Wright should know immediately if he grew up there.

its changed A LOT over the last 30+ years. my parents left in 84 when i was 7. when i visit now compared to what it was like in the mid 80s is like night and day. last couple trips i've made back to NW Indiana I haven't even driven out there. stayed in the St. John/Crown Point/Griffith area but always end up meeting my friends halfway. no need to go all the way out there.

The downtown area has changed a lot just over the last ten years. They built a grandstand, dining options have exploded, went from 5 places to around 25 (I think), all are pretty nice.

McSurly - 

Not exactly sure what you're saying but I'm going to assume it's some sort of aggressive talk about your pending Street Beefs fight with OP?

Any of this shit near Rome city? I got some friends near Rome City.  I was out there visiting them around thanksgiving.  

Don’t say it’s near Gary, everyone in Indiana gets offended when asked if their place is near Gary.  

Canooke - 
McSurly - 

Not exactly sure what you're saying but I'm going to assume it's some sort of aggressive talk about your pending Street Beefs fight with OP?

Yes. Its the bout to knock the other guy out.

ABCTT_sakurabas ear - 

Any of this shit near Rome city? I got some friends near Rome City.  I was out there visiting them around thanksgiving.  

Don’t say it’s near Gary, everyone in Indiana gets offended when asked if their place is near Gary.  

Its a couple hours due west of there. Never heard of Rome City, had to look up where it was.

btw, i was drawing a blank so i called my dad. he said strongbow inn. 

Mr. Wright - 

Yep.

Mr. Wright - 

Kind of surprised you forgot, that place was a huge deal in town, apparently. Was there for 75 years.

McSurly -
Mr. Wright - 

Kind of surprised you forgot, that place was a huge deal in town, apparently. Was there for 75 years.

i left town when i was 7. i can barely remember half the stuff around town. off the top of my head fetlas (now closed down and replaced) and the root beer stand off of 30. 

Mr. Wright - 
McSurly -
Mr. Wright - 

i left town when i was 7. i can barely remember half the stuff around town. off the top of my head fetlas (now closed down and replaced) and the root beer stand off of 30. 

Fetlas was great.

Mr. Wright - 

That was going to be my guess because he mentioned turkey.

The place that replaced Strongbow closed in the last week or so.

Valpo is kind of a darkhorse when it comes to douchebags, because it's kind of off by itself in the middle of nowhere.

He didn't insult anything.

A couple of towns have reputations as being populated by a large percentage of douchebags.

Like the aforementioned Munster. It's a real nice place to live but it's full of assholes who think their shit doesn't stink.

The only people in The Region (as the locals call it) that don't think Munster is full of assholes are people from Munster.