Attn OG Lawyer bitches

Just quit my job and asked about my check. The boss said you can pick it up tomorrow at eleven.

Am i wrong or isn't there some kind of law that if the workplace is delinquent on your check, every day they are late doubles said check. Help plz. Phone Post 3.0

Mihow - every day they are late doubles said check.

LOL
I heard about it when i took ROP. The Regional Occupational Program.
Just wondering if i stand to recieve more Phone Post 3.0

SoCalMutt - Don't think this applies when you quit. Phone Post
That's what i thought was the deciding factor Phone Post 3.0

It triples every 1/2 day and you get a new Buick skylark if it's a week late. Phone Post 3.0

LOL. The responses are hilarious.

While I'm not a labor lawyer, I can promise you that your check does not "double" under any circumstances in any state in the US.

Where do you live? They likely have a reasonable time, like your normal payroll cycle, to pay you out.

lol @ doubling every day.

I'm not an employment lawyer, but I would imagine they have to get it to you in a reasonable timeframe.  It's not really a deliquent check as they weren't expecting to have to pay you today.  The following day at 11 seems pretty damn reasonable

Jinx FP, you owe me a Coke

I just heard about this bs in highschool during a class that employs you. Thanks for da help Phone Post 3.0

T-Ham - It triples every 1/2 day and you get a new Buick skylark if it's a week late. Phone Post 3.0

LOL UM NO. Its an Olds Cutlass Calais.

somethiong tells me your boss isn't upset about you leaving

If they are two weeks late, you take sole ownership of the company.

When you get the check, don't cash it for two weeks. Then you'll have the money and the business. No one will ever know.

In the States I know of, if you are fired or played off, they have 24-48 hours.

If you quit, they have until the next normal payday..

I have never heard of getting it doubled..

But I'm not a lawyer. Phone Post 3.0

StevetheWeasel - You're almost right.

IIRC, it multiplies by each additional day. So, first day late, nothing. Secondly day late it's 2x, then the third day it's (2x) x 3, fourth day ( (2x) x (3x) x 4), and so on.
See guys
Gtfo my back Phone Post 3.0

Mencken -

Jinx FP, you owe me a Coke

Lol. Love you man. Super homo. Phone Post 3.0