I have a question for you or anyone else who may know something about estate law.

My Father in law died in 96 he left a will leaving everything to his wife.

She now wants to pay off the house but it is not in her name what does she need to do to get the house in her name.

There is no dispute no problems and it is clearly outlined in the will.

She has been told she will need to get a lawyer to take care of this and it will cost her a couple thousand dollars to do it. Seems to me it should be a more simple matter then that?

The state is Texas