attn: The Judo Machine

I was just reading on your site that had lectured at the Denver University. This is somewhere that im considering going to school in the future (very close to home). Are you still involved with the university in any way? Where are you located now?

ttt for Rhadi/.

rhadi lives in florida now.

www.intocombat.com

grrr well help me keep this to the top just in case he can help with some judo/training info for the denver area

the Northglenn judo club which is one of the top clubs in the country and is just outside of Denver in Westminster.

Brian Olsen has a club in Boudler--the Boulder Judo Club.

There is also Tod Brehe's in Denver--least, i think he is in Denver.. Timberline Judo Club.

there is a wealth of great judo in denver.. you cant really go wrong with a club there.

I'm live in Denver.

I know there is a Judo club at Denver University. I visited it a few times. They host many local tournaments. They also have many competitors.

Alot of their students are blind and visually impaired but the school isn't limited to those type of students. In fact they do have alot of students who have normal vision.

I told a story here a few times about a Brazilian Judoka whom I met at the school who told me about his experiences with Bjj in Rio.

The school is ran by a husband and wife team. The husband is an albino who is visually impaired (although it doesn't seem like he is). He competes often in tournaments for the visually impaired and does very well. His wife used to compete and she also did very well nationally. The last time I saw her she was pregrenant. This was about 1 year and half to 2 years ago, so I'm sure she had her baby by now. She told me alittle about her experiences with Bjj as well.

Northglenn and Westiminster are waaaaaaay in the booonies. Unless you have reliable and inexpensive tranportation it is going to be really hard on you money and time wise.

"The school is ran by a husband and wife team. The husband is an albino who is visually impaired (although it doesn't seem like he is). He competes often in tournaments for the visually impaired and does very well. His wife used to compete and she also did very well nationally. The last time I saw her she was pregrenant. This was about 1 year and half to 2 years ago, so I'm sure she had her baby by now. She told me alittle about her experiences with Bjj as well."

You're talking about Scott Moore and his wife, Heidi Moore....yes she had the baby, and she won the 2005 Senior Nationals a few weekends ago at +78kg division.

DIVISION: Women +78 kg

1. Heidi MOORE, Englewood, CO, Univ. Denver Judo
2. Garlyne CELESTIN, Brooklyn, NY, Starrett Judo Club
3. Loretta EDWARDS, Columbus, OH, Doyle's Renshuden
3. Eva SMITH, Fall River, MA, Taki-Gawa
5. Charmaine ALSAGER, Black Earth, WI, Badger/Jiu-Jitsu
5. Brittni BRADFORD, Bradford, FL, St. Pete Judo Club

their club is good. all the same, if i lived in denver, id make the drive to join the Northglenn team in westminster no matter what.

no other club in denver has produced like Northglenn has.

You definitly need to go to Northglenn. It's not in the boonies, right off of I-25 for goodness sake. Denver area is huge, Northglenn is very easy to get to.

Ichi Otaka is the sensei there. He's very good on the ground. Usually plenty of people to work out with and a huge mat area at the Northglenn Rec center.

Ben R.

Ben,

It is in the boonies in relation to where you are in Denver.

m.g.,

It's by far the best club in the entire area, and it's right off of I-25. The traffic is not bad at all at the time of day that practice happens, either.

Any way, it's not in downtown Denver, I agree!

Ben R.

Ben,

Well, I guess we can agree to disagree. I personally wouldn't go all the way to Northglenn to train when there is a good school at D.U.