Attn: theSeanster, .net question

You're pretty experienced in this area.

Are there any advantages learning more C#.net over VB.net?

Thanks

1) With C# you can write unmanage code (unsafe - pointers, etc just like C++)

2) C# supports unsigned numeric values, VB.NET does not.

3) C# has shift operators (I rarely use them), VB.NET does not.

4) C# has the ?:, ++, --, operators, VB.NET does not.

5) C# supports operator overloading, VB.NET does not.

6) C# does not let you use uninitialized local variables, VB.NET automatically inits variables for you. IMHO, this feature in C# is better because of the compiler warnings.

7) C# has XML auto XML documentation feature, VB.NET does not.

8) C# has better assembly organization, VB.NET compiles each assembly into a single DLL or EXE.

9) Probably not the best argument, but...The .NET Framework was written in C#, so my guess is the compiler MIGHT be a little bit better. Just a wild-ass guess on my part.

Now, all that being said...

IMHO, it really makes little difference other than demand from employers. C# developers make more money statistically speaking. Personally, I admit my biased, I like C# a lot more. I have done a few projects in VB.NET, but not by choice. :-)

Using any CLS-compliant langauge, you have to understand the CLR and know the .NET Framework classes. Microsoft made C# for the Visual C++ crowd, and made VB.NET for the VB6 crowd. There isn't always a direct mapping, so it's pretty much whatever your personal preference is and how quickly you can learn one over the other. That is, aside from needing to write unsafe code.

thanks a lot man, pretty good explanation.

anytime bud