ATTN: UFC - Can we get some rules?

1) I'd like to see some rulesa round how long a champion can sit idle before they get stripped of the title.

2) I'd like to also see some rules around when and why an interim title is used and that the rules around taking the title away be the same as #1.

I'm going to suggest this.

A champ must defend his belt within the calendar year of winning it.

If the champ is injured and will be unable to defend the belt within that year then you may set up an interim belt to be fought for between the #2 and #3 fighters.

The interim champ then must also follow the year rules but the interim champ must face the champ within that year.

If the champ cannot face the interim champ within 6 months then the champ is stripped and the interim champ is now the champ.

Maybe not something we really need to look at but maybe interim belts can be the old style belts.

At least something to differentiate them from the actual title belts.

3) Get rid of the champ/champ fights for titles.

If a champ wants to fight for a belt in a different weight class then let them drop the belt they have.

If a champ wants to fight a champ in a different weight class and doesn't want to drop the belt then the belt of the other weight class is not on the line.

If this is an issue, then you cna always have a superfight belt made up that the winner of the fight can have. So say DC wanted to challenge Stipe. He would have to drop the 205 belt to do so, or you could have them fight for a superfight belt.

These superfight belts could also be made for specific fights such as your "BMF" belt that you threw around earlier.

Captain Canuck - 

bring this back. same design but upgraded.

CRE -
Captain Canuck - 

Agreed 

DropKick Joe - 
CRE -
Captain Canuck - 

Agreed 

These belts would be great for these fights between weight classes or between fighters fans want to see go at it.

They could be an incentive for the fighters that go along with the purse.

At first I was not really happy with the idea of making a belt and then adding a coloured stone to it for defenses but the more I think about it, it personalizes the belt more and makes it more valuable and also leaves less betls out there in the world floating around.

I'd like to see the fan replica belts be more recognizable as replica belts though.

Not sure how to go about that however.

Maybe have a different leather colour?

Never seen a post start off with 9 unanswered posts by the OP lol

Vikingknee - 

Never seen a post start off with 9 unanswered posts by the OP lol

All I can think of is that everyone agrees with me.

I would like to see a rule where there is no such thing as an interim title.

I agree and would also like to see similar rules and consistency with enforcement. I imagine that the UFC is reluctant to do this though, because as it is right now they have a lot of "flexibility" in who gets stripped and when etc etc.

RKing85 - I would like to see a rule where there is no such thing as an interim title.

So just have #2 and #3 fight for the title if the champ can't defend due to injury?

ghostboner - 

I agree and would also like to see similar rules and consistency with enforcement. I imagine that the UFC is reluctant to do this though, because as it is right now they have a lot of "flexibility" in who gets stripped and when etc etc.

It would force the UFC to adhere to a ruleset and be more consistant.