ATTN UFC: Ring a damn bell when ref wave off fight

I hate to say it but Pride had it right with this. So many times there's a LONG 3-5 seconds between the time the ref decides the fight's over and the time he can effectively communicate this to the fighter, be it a result of physical distance from the fighters, awkward positioning, or incompetent physical or verbal commands. (See: Dan M. in kimbo/mercer fight for extreme example) If they use a bell system, as soon as the ref wants the fight stopped, he waves his hands in the air, a bell rings, and the fight is over. NO lag time.

SOMEONE agrees with this, there's no reason not to

i do not agree

I AGREE TO NOT AGREE

I totally agree with you (BWS)

What good does the bell do for a guy like Matt Hamil? For the record, I'm not disagreeing, just playing Devil's Advocate.

I think people need a little reaction time to stop fighting, the bell would cause unnecessary bickering about late punches.

for hamill they can shut off the lights...

I don't understand why the refs don't yell like Big John.

Big John will yell STOP right when he's stopping it. 

Mazagatti will wave his arms around behind the fighters without saying shit.

or maybe a cannon can go off... big fuckall Howlitzer, hamill would feel the vibration...

Mad Xyientist -  I don't understand why the refs don't yell like Big John.

Big John will yell STOP right when he's stopping it. 

Mazagatti will wave his arms around behind the fighters without saying shit.

I noticed Mazagatti doing that - wtf?

I'm forgainst it

bells are gay, imo, you need something manly. maybe a cannon?

Is there a bell un-dinger for when Lavigne is reffing?

+1 for a cannon.

Agree

I also like the music they play at the end of pride fights, makes it way more enjoyable and climactic. Sure you guys will just say its irrelevent, but it was these little touches imo which made pride elevate their matches to become more memorable and dramatic.

Imagine the music kicking in after Silva KO'd Forrest.

Instead we get Rogan asking awkward irrelevent questions.

The ref should just run up and soccer kick the guy on top right in the side of the head.

Agree, great idea.

Yes.

I think the person in charge of ringing the bell is employed by the State Athletic Commission.