ATTN UG Business Owners and Fighters

ttt

Ttt for Chris! Phone Post 3.0

ttt

Ttt! Phone Post 3.0

ttt

this is where to go to sign up to be a match candidate

http://bethematch.org/Support-the-Cause/Donate-bone-marrow/Join-the-marrow-registry/

TTT

And I just boxed up some gear to send your way. It's waiting for the postman to pick it up.

Solmadrid - 

TTT

And I just boxed up some gear to send your way. It's waiting for the postman to pick it up.

Awesome! thank you!

Hey guys,

after getting a couple pm's asking about how chris is doing, i figured i would give everyone a status update.

After 6 weeks (and over $10k out of pocket not including chemo meds) in the hospital Chris FINALLY got to go home for a few days yesterday. He is at home (with the exception of going in for chemo treatments) until his bone marrow transplant is arranged. He is fairly weak as he's lost over 30 lbs (he only weighted 170 to begin with) but in good spirits and happy to sleep in his own bed. He is a HUGE HUGE HUGE steelers fan so he was really happy to get to watch the MNF game last night on his own tv instead of the crappy tv in his hotel room. They have a company coming to clean and sanitize the entire house because after the bone marrow transplant it will take his body 6 months to rebuild any decent sort of an immune system, so after the transplant he will have to spend a month in the hospital and then is essentially on house arrest for 6 MONTHS. Literally, he cannot leave his house for 6 months. Since his wife is an elementary school teacher and has to work in order to keep their insurance, she is moving in with her parents so she doesn't bring home something like a cold that could literally kill him. Things are looking better, but still a really long road ahead for him. As far as the benefit goes, we are touched at the response we've received. It goes to show, that when someone is going through something, people are still willing to help out. We've received a ton of awesome items (some very generous donations from guys on the UG) to be auctioned and raffled off. Here's a couple of the really big donations we've received (not including ones from the UG).

1. Tyler Eiffert (bengals TE, who went to HS with chris) has donated a signed game jersey, signed game ball, signed helmet AND 4 tix to MNF game in cincy VS the broncos along with a Hotel room and dinner.
2. Lingenfelter performance is doing custom hoodies and hats incorporating the leukemia ribbon for the event.
3. The denver broncos have donated a peyton manning and john elway signed nfl game ball AND a peyton manning signed mini helmet!
4. A local Fort Wayne jewelry store has donated a $750 citizen watch, a $275 citizen watch AND a $1000 woman's diamond necklace!
5. Two different people have donated pairs of Indianapolis Colts tickets with hotel and dinner to go with
6. We've also had two ipad airs donated to auction off

this is just a sample of the bigger items we will have for the silent auction.

We are truly humbled and touched at all the help that we are getting to make this event a success...

money may not fight the cancer for him, but it will certainly ease some of the mental and emotional financial burden so he can focus on the fight.

thank you guys again for all your care and concern

WAR CHRIS!

#nofaCL

I do a fair amount of work with StupidCancer.org. They are the largest young adult cancer support group in the world. They have so many resources that would/could be helpful. If you would like me to get you in contact with a few people please PM me. Off the top of my head I know of a program called "Immelman's Angels". It was started by a guy named John Immelman and he pairs up people going through the cancer to someone who survived the exact same type of cancer. I would be happy to get everyone in touch with each other. Let me know!

My god. If there is a god he's sick. Giving young men cancer. I feel terrible for your friend. Phone Post 3.0

LeftLowKick - this is where to go to sign up to be a match candidate

http://bethematch.org/Support-the-Cause/Donate-bone-marrow/Join-the-marrow-registry/

I actually just donated bone marrow a month ago.

For anybody wanting to do something signing up for this registry is the simplest way to help out.

After signing up, you send your DNA via cheek swabs with a kit they send you, then you just wait. If you get selected, the rest of the stuff is just a lot of blood drawing to make sure you match, and then taking your blood like a more complex blood donation.

It is a minor pain in the ass, but it saves a person's life. And in comparison to what this guy is going through, it is nothing.

Go sign up. http://bethematch.org/Support-the-Cause/Donate-bone-marrow/Join-the-marrow-registry/

Hey Guys,

I know a lot of guys wanted an update on Chris. Well, he is doing as well as possible. His chemo seems to be taking well as he has only been requiring a transfusion once or twice in between chemo treatments (every 21 days) which for AML, is considered good. We had the benefit event this weekend and we hit a MF'ing game 7, bottom of the ninth, down to our last strike, walk off grand slam. Thanks to all of the generous people, whether it be through donations, prayers, and knowledge on how to successfully run a benefit, we raised 3 times what our goal was (and we thought our goal may be a little lofty). We had well over 300 people there and the silent and live auction was a hit! Although the money won't cure Chris, it sure makes it easier to focus on recovery rather than being burdened with everyday bills. I know he will have quite the financial burden when this is all said and done, but this event will help a bunch. Thank you to everyone for your encouragement and to the people that were able to donate items, Thank you so much, without people like you, this wouldn't have been possible.

I will continue to update you guys on chris' progress!

Also, there are a couple of potential bone marrow matches that they are looking into to do more further testing to see if the match is there. So hopefully he will be able to have his transplant soon.