ATTN UGers RE: UG NEWS

In light of the recent "Mir: Fedor should quit MMA" post. I call for a universal ignore of UG News. Who's with me?!

I like the UG News. I know they (UG powers that be) have to take the time to put that shit together and we benefit from that. I heard Chris interviewed on TapouT radio about this and I think its pretty cool they do it.

nojob.jpg picture by TheDropper 

I think Kirik should ban autoplay assholes from this forum.

Steamfitter -  I think Kirik should ban autoplay assholes from this forum.

people have been complaining about this for years

I doubt he'll do anything about it

Steamfitter -  I think Kirik should ban autoplay assholes from this forum.

i dont do the autoplay son, i hate that ish too

lol, UG NEWS headlines have gotten so misleading, I expect to see something like "ZUFFA SELLS UFC TO M-1 GLOBAL.  DANA WHITE STARTS NEW CAREER AS A BALLERINA."

UG News has powerful friends. 

RIP groundfighter2000.

UG NEWS is a great free service VTFDDDDDDDD

VOTED DOWN

Squared Circle - UG News has powerful friends. 

RIP groundfighter2000.

I know UG News has powerful friends which is why my idea was peaceful resistance. If I get banned tonight you'll know why :*(

It used to be I could go to two or three sites and find pretty much everything that is going on. Over the last five years or so, dozens of sites popped up with regularly compelling content. So folowing the lead of the Huffington Post, we started a news aggregator. So if one site has the payouts for 102, and another has a pic of Arianny peeing standing up, and another site is a newspaper in Maine breaking the story that MMA is no longer illegal there, then they are all aggregated in one spot, with links out for the full story.

We track what news intersts you as reflected ijn comments and views, and try to focus on that.

As far as the ttile goes, that was the title of the story:

http://www.fightopinion.com/2009/08/31/frank-mir-interview-fedor-should-quit-mma/

if you guys think story titles are misleading generally, I can start running those for accuracy?

As far as the autoplay goes, I hate it as mch as evertyone else. Delete all I see, sometimes freeze people. But flash allows autoplays with no html to block, so there is not way to completely stop it, unfortunately.

Monsters Ball - 
Kirik - 

As far as the autoplay goes, I hate it as mch as evertyone else. Delete all I see, sometimes freeze people. But flash allows autoplays with no html to block, so there is not way to completely stop it, unfortunately.

Just wanted to add that using Firefox with the flashblock plugin stops it from happening.
Don't think there's a server-side way of blocking it, though. =\

I heard UG News is the grandson of the former Editor-In-Chief of the Chicago Tribune:

RIP groundfighter2000

- Chris

nice knowing you groundfigher2000. You dont talk to kirik's love child like that.

TtoMyJ14 -  nice knowing you groundfigher2000. You dont talk to kirik's love child like that.

I love crticism? Anything anyone doesn't like, let me know? I will probably think you are confused, stupid maybe, but sometimes I realize that is me who is stupid and confused, and then I can improve things a little bit.

Kirik - 
TtoMyJ14 -  nice knowing you groundfigher2000. You dont talk to kirik's love child like that.

I love crticism? Anything anyone doesn't like, let me know? I will probably think you are confused, stupid maybe, but sometimes I realize that is me who is stupid and confused, and then I can improve things a little bit.

You are not helping your reputation as a iron-fisted and feared tyrant who rules over his land with little regard and less mercy.

lol

Kirik - 

Its seriously awesome when the head honcho is approachable as Kirik is? I've never once seen him act anything other than grateful whenever someone offers legit criticism of the site? I think things like this are why this site is still the #1 MMA site out there. Even if he doesn't understand how question marks work?

Kirik - 

It wasnt criticism at you. I was just warning him! RIP TtoMyJ14?