ATTN: Underground New-comers!

ttt

Technician you should come to my seminar on diplomacy, don't take my word for it check it out!

'it is just my belief that there are a lot of "talkers" and not enough "doers". '

This isn't the OG... ;)

Attn: Underground New-comers!

Kashk, how much do you charge for your seminars? What are your credentials? Can anyone on here attest to Kashk's reputation as an authority on diplomacy? :P

Technician when are you training this week? I'm stuck without a car so if you can pick me up on the way that would be great!

NeXTPeNN, drop me a line and we'll work something out.

Cheers.

you got mail :)

I think that if it wasn't for this forum most new people wouldn't know where to look, myself included.
We should keep the communication going. While everyone does need to shop around, what others say does and should make a difference because every club offers pretty much the same thing. I see the descriptions...instructor X is great, good environment with a great bunch of guys. Any other info that you give is helpful. Talking and hearing from students of instructor X is often better than any sales pitch any day.

This forum gives people a chance to see people's opinions about different clubs, and about martial arts in general. I don't think we should try to shield anyone from anything. The MMA world is out there trying to show that this is what works, there are no secrets, no magic. Trying to shield anyone from any information goes completely against this.

As for pricing, I don't see why this should be an issue either. It should be no secret. People who pay more for club X are probably happy at club X. The clubs don't tell you their prices and then say shhh, don't tell anyone. "I make you very special offer". It shouldn't be considered rude either. As a student you are paying for a service. Everyone understands that. It's just like anything else you pay for.

Let's be honest here. If money wasn't an issue then clubs wouldn't force 1 year memberships. They do this because they are hoping that people don't use their membership for the full amount of time or to the full benefit that they paid for. Ask any business analyst this and they will confirm that. Listen to all the problems people have had with gym memberships. Clubs will tell you about commitment and dedication. Please...how would a new person know how commited and dedicated they will be after one free class. Who here can say they will know where they will be in life in one years time. The biggest expense I have is my mortgage and even THAT I pay once a month. So why can't clubs have a monthly fee or even quarterly. If slapping down $1000 for training and a uniform in one big lump sum isn't scary to you then I want to go move into your house.

Basically, it comes down to trying to make an "educated" decision about a martial art that as a new person, you, or I, know nothing about.

---
Sorry for the venting. I'm just tired of people getting suckered. I had a bad experience with a martial arts club where it was an "honour" to train with Super Sifu no matter what the price. And a new 28" TV for Christmas from the students would be "a good way to show our respect" because "that's how it's done." Just to find out Super Sifu was a fraud.

Arguing about Underground New-comers makes me a sad panda :(

Wait a second technician. You first stated that it is in bad taste to talk about price, credentials, etc. Now it seems you are backpedaling, and saying just get out there and train.

Your resistance is coming from telling people it is in bad taste to ask legit questions.

Technician, I am willing to attest to my credentials. Technicain for you the semianr id free, why becuase I just want to get you to do it, rather than talk about it.

There is nothing wrong about asking opinions of clubs and dojo's on here. It is the people on here who will know better then anybody else about certain clubs and IMO they are the people to ask. If I am wondering about an instructor or dojo this is the first place I where I would come and ask everyones opinion! I don't really see what the point of this thread is!

All of a sudden all I hear is

The teachers from Charlie Brown.... "waaaa waaa waaa, roo waaa whaaahhh"

Before this thread began Technician had less than 300 posts, so the obvious conclusion is that he is the elusive kkm.

Since this is the newbie section. What the heck is KKM?

I think this is a great place to get information on clubs. Of course you still need to check out any particular club to find out exactly what it's all about but some useful insight can be gained from this board as well.
Keep asking the questions, just don't go looking for trash.

milamber sold me.

Plus: this is a site/forum for convenience and enjoyment. I've moved to a few different cities over the years and have been excited to try new clubs where I would live; being able to check them out beforehand online with people who have been there was very beneficial. You do have to check places out eventually to ensure it is right for you; opinions being the upmost of subjectivity. But, experienced dudes can always help narrow the list down. i.e. filter out the mainstream Keeeyaiiiee shyte.

I think he indirectly told me he wants to move into my house because I'm willing to slap down a $1000 on my training in one shot. That's fine with me but I charge $1000/month in rent. Hey, somebody has to finance my frivolous, compulsive spending habits....j/k. Some good points made here. As somebody else mentioned, if anybody objects to providing information about their club, they always have the option of not responding to the post.