ATTN WRESTLENOW

Why would the wrestlers refuse to have a match to submission with me in my HIGHSCHOOL off season PE class?

(hint: I started judo in highschool and one persone did accept a match, no more takers after that)

Because wrestlers are all pussies and totally afraid of our fun loving butt scoot mafia! Phone Post

yeah, wow bro you got my shoulders to touch the ground, I'm real scared.

I got a question too for WRESTLENOW;

Last year (1st year of college), I saw that there was a 'Wrestling' class. So I signed up since it was an easy A and I was getting credit for it. I got to wrestle against the wrestlers and I have to say I sucked. Got taken down pretty easy but I felt like I could have submitted them fairly easily when they took me down, but once you're "pinned" you start over. And I was a blue belt at the time, not some high level BJJ guy by any means and definitely not good at wrestling. However, after class some wrestlers were trying to learn some jiu jitsu and was rolling. They were horrible. I even rolled with one of them after class, who was the same weigh tas me. I got taken down easy but then I submitted the guy 3 times, all within less than a minute. After the class was over, I decided not to join the wrestling team and to go back to buttscooting and doing jiu jitsu. Excellent decision imo.

So how come a BJJ blue belt was able to easily submit a college wrestler when taken down? Shouldn't a wrestling base be enough to defend triangles, escape armbars and such. Explain.

Hey assassin. IF ur post is serious you dont know anything about wrestling. College wrestlers will not be sighning up for a credit college wrestling class. Maybe some High school wrestlers who could not make a college team.

That being said a GOOD blue belt can occasionally tap a college wrestler for about the first two months. After that he will get crushed. No one has the fire and "refusal to lose" attitude that a life long wrestler has. They are a breed unto themselves.

Obviously I am biased. but after 40 years in combat sports spanning wrestling, judo, TKD, BJJ, Boxing, Sub Wrestling, that is the fact.

Chris Toher - 

No one has the fire and "refusal to lose" attitude that a life long wrestler has. They are a breed unto themselves. 

I agree with ya but i think we can all develope that attitude to some extent.   Its not just wrestlers that think like that. 

"No one has the fire and "refusal to lose" attitude that a life long wrestler has. They are a breed unto themselves."

I can name about 50 Mexican boxers who display more "refuse to lose" attitude. Almost all athletes at a high level display an extreme amount of will, determination and toughness.

Hell, I'll take some skinny cross country runners over lots of wrestlers.

I personally witnessed one college wrestler spar light -- and by light I mean almost no contact -- get tapped in the face with a kick, take out his mouthpiece, throw it across the mat in a tantrum fit for a toddler and walk out of the gym. Same guy also squirmed like a fish to get out of his gi top and ran off the mat with me holding his empty gi top while training takedowns/judo.

". No one has the fire and "refusal to lose" attitude that a life long wrestler has. They are a breed unto themselves. “

I don’t know why we have Navy SEALs, Green Berets,Army Rangers,etc... From what I read on MMA.tv, we could just take high school and college wrestlers and teach them to shoot. They are all harder than a woodpecker’s cock and twice as mean as a honey badger. Funfact: In college, I read a book about Special Operations dudes selections and guys who made it through them and the high school sport that had participants with the highest success rate was….water polo. Apparently, them Water Polo dudes are Conan the Barbarian’s heirs. Wrestlers are tough dudes and wrestling is a hard sport but, to quote Lewis Black, let’s rein in the bull before we force ourselves to drowned in its shit.

Gentlemen, Wrestlenow is a troll account. Personally, I think its Trainjudo since he stopped trolling around here and Wrestlenow showed up. And he did TJ’s “Judo trumps all Martial Arts, especially BJJ” schtick just with wrestling. And the dude claims to have wrestled at Iowa but refuses to reveal anything further. Saying you wrestled at Iowa(a legendary program) makes him all the more trollier. The wrestling trolls have popped up on MMA.tv and Sherdog and its occasionally amusing. Most of the time, dudes like Wrestlenow and MagnumTA are just annoying for the sake of annoying. I read them with the voice of Sgt.Hatred from the Venture Brothers. 

Chris Toher - Hey assassin. IF ur post is serious you dont know anything about wrestling. College wrestlers will not be sighning up for a credit college wrestling class. Maybe some High school wrestlers who could not make a college team.

That being said a GOOD blue belt can occasionally tap a college wrestler for about the first two months. After that he will get crushed. No one has the fire and "refusal to lose" attitude that a life long wrestler has. They are a breed unto themselves.

Obviously I am biased. but after 40 years in combat sports spanning wrestling, judo, TKD, BJJ, Boxing, Sub Wrestling, that is the fact.

No, it was the entire wrestling team not some guys trying to make the team. It was basically wrestling practice with an automatic A, not a class. And it's a junior college too not a big university or anything.

Also, 'the fire and refusal to lose attitude' would only get you choked unconscious or get something broken when fighting a submission. And no, a wrestler with 2 months experience would not crush a blue belt with around 2 years experience. Lol at that.

MagnumTA is renowned forum troll--Todd Atkins.

StrictScrutiny - MagnumTA is renowned forum troll--Todd Atkins.

Yes, who got beaten by a girl Phone Post

I agree with almost all of the posts above about professional fighters, special forces, etc having the temperment required to be successful at anything they try to do. What I meant was... compared to your average 3 day a week JJ player who does it for friendship and a good workout the mentality of a wrestler who has wrestled in college is just so intense that not to many people have that kind of intensity.

<br /><br />Just to get on a college team you pretty much have to have been a HS state champion. Becoming a HS state champion means you beat out every wrestler in the state at your weight. That is conservatively 400 kids. Its not like a national championship BJJ match where 20 guys show up in your division. 400 guys "show up" and have to qualify thru two prior tournaments just to be allowed to participate at the state level. All of these guys that win are monsters on the mat. Give them four years of college, only wrestling against othert state champs, and you get the picture.

<br /><br />The assassin said:<br />"And no, a wrestler with 2 months experience would not crush a blue belt with around 2 years experience. Lol at that. "<br /><br />If you ever have a div 1 wrestler come to your school and you are an average two year blue belt be prepared for a beatin you will not soon forget. If he trains with your school for six months he will beat some of your purples. Nuf said

P<br /><br />FYI I say all of this as a Black Belt in BJJ so I am not just blowing smoke. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine.

Just to get on a college team you pretty much have to have been a HS state champion.

Completely untrue.

a shty blue belt isnt going to a collegiate wrestling practice and tapping them 3 times each, isnt happening, stop your bullsht lies

you couldnt even last a wrestling class, you'd puke and eventually quit.

idiot liar

then you can explain this: How did Tito (White Belt) beat Cumprido (BJJ World Champion) at ADCC and even used his guard?

How did Jacare fail to even come close to scoring or submitting Randy Couture (White Belt and first ever sub match) in a Submission event?

youre a newbie tard

HuntingtonPUNK - a shty blue belt isnt going to a collegiate wrestling practice and tapping them 3 times each, isnt happening, stop your bullsht lies

you couldnt even last a wrestling class, you'd puke and eventually quit.

Didn't say I tapped everyone. Just said I rolled with one guy, read my post again. And I skipped the workout part of it. I was there just for the "class". I think I was the only one who was in that class that hasn't wrestled before or isn't on the wrestling team.

it would be hell for a black belt to roll with these guys, get real with your knowledge of how superior wrestling is. Does your BJJ class train like this, this is a short time class

you'd tap them?

http://www.flowrestling.org/speaker/1015-joe-williamson/video/74913-iowa-short-time-workout

Chris Toher -  If you ever have a div 1 wrestler come to your school and you are an average two year blue belt be prepared for a beatin you will not soon forget. If he trains with your school for six months he will beat some of your purples. Nuf said

FYI I say all of this as a Black Belt in BJJ so I am not just blowing smoke. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine.

There's been wrestlers that have come to school where I train, don't know what division they wrestled in tho. Not sure why it'll matter cuz I clearly stated that I'd get taken down even by a shitty wrestler. That's your opinion but I feel like 2 years of BJJ would be enough to beat anyone in BJJ (same weight) that hasn't trained BJJ. I don't see how being a good wrestler would help in defending triangles, armbars, leg locks, gogoplatas and so on.

HuntingtonPUNK - it would be hell for a black belt to roll with these guys, get real with your knowledge of how superior wrestling is. Does your BJJ class train like this, this is a short time class

you'd tap them?

http://www.flowrestling.org/speaker/1015-joe-williamson/video/74913-iowa-short-time-workout

Holy shit....as a blue belt that isnt very good...I can honestly say these guys would make me vomit. No way Iam keeping that pace up. I regret not wrastlin in high school..guys are animals, no doubt!

HuntingtonPUNK - it would be hell for a black belt to roll with these guys, get real with your knowledge of how superior wrestling is. Does your BJJ class train like this, this is a short time class

you'd tap them?

Being in shape doesn't = sub defense or knowledge.

cause all college wrestling programs are just like Iowa and all college wrestlers are just like Dan Gable.