ATTN: Wrestling fans. Explain Irish Whip!

Explain this move to me. There are one of two possibilities.

1. We are supposed to believe these wrestlers have enough strength to physically cause a person to fly off the ropes like that.

2. The wrestler being "flung" somehow has never watched wrestling before and is going to attempt an offensive attack with the low success rate of like 15%,

If your being flung like that why not just stop. Don't even get me started when it comes to them jumping over or running under someone coming off the ropes. Does gravity and energy somehow work differently in pro wrestling?

David@accu - 

1. We are supposed to believe these wrestlers have enough strength to physically cause a person to fly off the ropes like that.

2. The wrestler being "flung" somehow has never watched wrestling before and is going to attempt an offensive attack with the low success rate of like 15%,

If your being flung like that why not just stop. Don't even get me started when it comes to them jumping over or running under someone coming off the ropes. Does gravity and energy somehow work differently in pro wrestling?

"Don't even get me started when it comes to them jumping over or running under someone coming off the ropes. Does gravity and energy somehow work differently in pro wrestling?"

Surprised this isn't common knowledge. Missing a dropkick hurts far worse when you land than if you hit your opponent, even though you're falling from the same height.

Hmm in a way its evolution. Watch a match from decades ago from the early days. An Irish whip or even a Suplex were the highlights of a match. You would see maybe one or two and that was enough. It loses all meaning when it's commonplace like hell in a modern match. It may sound crazy but think of for example like in mma Roger Gracie vs yuki kondo I believe it wad. Roger bounced kondo off the ropes to set up a takedown. In the early days of pro wrestling it was more akin to that and slowly evolved to its present form. Phone Post 3.0

Kid Justice was a part time pro wrestler for a while. We used to have a guy who was an Indy Pro wrestler full time here years ago. I forgot his name. A BJJ black belt who used to post here was a GLOW girl back in the day as well.

Why do some white wrestlers still attempt head butts on Blacks and Samoans? Phone Post 3.0

k, here's the explanation.

Irish whip actually was a variation of an arm drag take down. Instead of the opponent landing on his back, he landed on his face.

The counter... running forward and bouncing off the ropes into an offensive move.

The counter to the counter..... following the runner and dropping down for the trip.

The counter to the counter to the counter.... jump over the trip.

Then whatever.

Penn vs sherk, off the cage into a knee Phone Post 3.0

benoit vs guerrero j-cup 94

guerrero irish whips benoit and drops down... benoit trips on the return and goes flying.

it was the first time i had seen that "work".

My grandpa was just telling me wrestling was fake now you're casting doubt too. I will be very upset if so.
The Irish whip is from brute strength IMO. Phone Post 3.0

http://youtu.be/Kfw5Aj7b7ks

4:45 in. epic irish whip

Southfan123 -
David@accu - 

"Don't even get me started when it comes to them jumping over or running under someone coming off the ropes. Does gravity and energy somehow work differently in pro wrestling?"

Surprised this isn't common knowledge. Missing a dropkick hurts far worse when you land than if you hit your opponent, even though you're falling from the same height.
I also always thought it was weird how when they hit the drop kick they are fine but if they miss the fall is the same but they are hurt. VU Phone Post 3.0

True story...

The very first fist fight I got into at age 8, I tried to Irish whip the kid and he just stared at me like WTF, before kicking the shit outta me. Phone Post 3.0

BillyRayChubbs - True story...

The very first fist fight I got into at age 8, I tried to Irish whip the kid and he just stared at me like WTF, before kicking the shit outta me. Phone Post 3.0

Having a kid think that pro wrestling will teach him to really fight is dangerous for the kid in question.

Don't overthink it OP. You question that you'll start to question a whole lot of other things to, such as how does a guy get punched ten times in the head by bare knuckles with no visible damage either party...

It's a show. Enjoy it for what it is. Get into the stories and what not, and appreciate the stuff that looks real... But just accept there's going to be bits that don't make sense Phone Post 3.0

Same thing happened to me. I was like 7 and this 11 year old GIRL (my neighbor) that did karate was talking bad about wrestling. I told her I could beat her in a fight.

I circled her and looked to tie up... My arms reached for her and then... BAM.

That little bitch punched me square in the nose. "Fight" was over. I walked home crying.

Ever since then, fuck karate. Phone Post 3.0