AUSSIE OGER's Is it True?? (The Dingo Ate My BABY)

Dingoes ate my baby

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A dingo ate my baby" is a phrase attributed to Lindy Chamberlain and also to Meryl Streep's depiction of Chamberlain in the movie A Cry in the Dark (1988) – also known as Evil Angels – about the death of Azaria Chamberlain, an Australian baby girl who died in 1980 at Uluru in the Northern Territory. The Chamberlain family had been vacationing at Uluru when their daughter was taken from their tent by a dingo. The authorities disbelieved the family's story about a dingo, and prosecuted and won convictions against Lindy Chamberlain for murder and against her then-husband Michael Chamberlain as an accessory after the fact. Ultimately, the courts found both parents innocent, and the coroner found Azaria's death was "the result of being attacked and taken by a dingo".[1]

The phrase "A dingo ate my baby" was not actually used by Chamberlain, nor is it used in the film. Chamberlain is reported to have called out to her husband, "a dingo took my baby",[2] or either “That dog’s got my baby” or “My God, My God, a dingo has got my baby.”[1] In the film, Streep's character, upon discovering her daughter missing, cries out, "A dingo's got my baby."

Do these things really run around eating human babies???

fuckin aye, that is just damn horrible.

i remember the phrase from a Seinfeld episode (U.S. sitcom)  and wondered where it came from.

anyways thanks and vu

There is a news interview where she says it.

Plus yes they are scummy shitty animals. Iv shot heaps of them. Phone Post 3.0

1 Like

Rear Naked Toke - Yeah they're like coyotes so if one of them got your baby they'd be fucked. The incident in question happened on Fraser island a few decades ago. Originally the mother was arrested under suspicion of murder but i bielive they found some remains which exonerated her. Phone Post 3.0
It happened at Uluru (Ayers Rock) not Fraser Island but there are a number of attacks on Fraser island. Phone Post 3.0

True. Phone Post 3.0

Dropbears are what you have to look out for the most. Phone Post 3.0

^drop Bears???

WTF IS A DROP BEAR!!!????

i'll standbye for answer before googling.  that just sounds crazy.

PTM2020 -

^drop Bears???

Massive polar bear like creatures that live in the trees and drop down while youre camping.

Intense shit. Phone Post 3.0

Yeh don't wanna mess with drop bears. My uncle got messed up once couldn't walk for 6 months cause of all the shredded tendons in his leg Phone Post 3.0

I thought "Dingo and the Baby" was just a morning radio show.

1 Like

Kurt86 -
PTM2020 -

^drop Bears???

Massive polar bear like creatures that live in the trees and drop down while youre camping.

Intense shit. Phone Post 3.0
To be fair that's pretty rare for that to happen these days. Phone Post 3.0

Bench - 
Rear Naked Toke - Yeah they're like coyotes so if one of them got your baby they'd be fucked. The incident in question happened on Fraser island a few decades ago. Originally the mother was arrested under suspicion of murder but i bielive they found some remains which exonerated her. Phone Post 3.0
It happened at Uluru (Ayers Rock) not Fraser Island but there are a number of attacks on Fraser island. Phone Post 3.0

Yep. A number of years ago I back packed around Australia and visited Fraser Island. I didn't see any dingoes but I had heard they can be dangerous. I remember it was around a year or so before or after I was there that a young girl (6 or 7) I think was attacked and killed while camping there with family.

In America its: The Pitbull Ate My Baby Phone Post 3.0

just googled drop bears.

some scary shit ther.  ; )

Coyotes don't eat people's babies. On a side note I've had several random people stop me to ask if my dog is a dingo. Now I just say yes. Phone Post 3.0

Aren't dingoes bigger? Phone Post 3.0

I always found this line to be a fascinating insight into how retarded humans are with what they choose to be offended by.

A woman had her baby eaten by a wild dog, only to be wrongfully accused of murder for 25 years, and the whole thing was mainly just laughed about because of a fictional quote and Australian accents.

Just kind of odd that it is culturally acceptable to laugh about that, but put blackface on a shitty Aussie TV show and American media loses its shit.

Fascinating where lines get drawn sometimes.

1 Like

Re:Coyotes

Decided to look it up. Attacks are somewhat common but fatalities are rare.  but it has happenned.

Coyote attacks on humans

Fatal attacks

Two fatal coyote attacks have been confirmed by experts:

PTM2020 -

Re:Coyotes

Decided to look it up. Attacks are somewhat common but fatalities are rare.  but it has happenned.

Coyote attacks on humans

Fatal attacks

Two fatal coyote attacks have been confirmed by experts:

Somewhat common? I don't think so. There are coyotes here in the city and they're not attacking anyone. Here's on riding our mass transit.

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/photo/11788530-large.jpg Phone Post 3.0