AUSSIE OGER's Is it True?? (The Dingo Ate My BABY)

attjack - Somewhat common? I don't think so. There are coyotes here in the city and they're not attacking anyone. Here's on riding our mass transit.

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/photo/11788530-large.jpg Phone Post 3.0

I guess somewhat is too vague a word. It happens more often than I thought though.

wikipedia
California (1978–2003)

In May 1978, a coyote bit the leg of a 5-year-old Pasadena girl in the driveway of her home.
In May 1979, a coyote grabbed by throat and cheek a 2-year-old Pasedena girl who had been eating cookies on her front porch.
In July 1979, in Pasadena, coyotes lacerated the leg of a 17-year-old girl who was attempting to save a dog from being attacked.
In August, 1979, a coyote attacked a 5-year-old La Verne girl. Her father and a neighbor saved the child from being dragged off, but not before she had suffered deep bites on neck, head, and legs.
In July 1980, a coyote grabbed a 13-month-old Agoura Hills baby by the midsection and started dragging her off. The baby suffered puncture wounds but was saved by her mother.
In August 1988, a coyote nipped and bruised a 4-year-old Oceanside boy who had been playing in his yard.
In August 1988, a coyote in Oceanside bit the rollerskate of an 8-year-old girl who had just fallen but was chased away by two women throwing rocks.
In August 1988, a coyote in Oceanside grabbed 3-year-old girl by the leg, pulled her down, and then bit her on head and neck before being chased off by her mother and neighbors.
In June 1990, in Reds Meadow, a coyote bit a 5-year-old girl on the head while she was sleeping at a campground.
In May 1992, a coyote attacked a 5-year-old San Clemente girl, biting her several times on her back. The girl climbed her swing set to escape, and her mother chased the coyote off.
In October 1992, in Fallbrook, a coyote bit a 10-year-old boy on the head while he was asleep on back porch of a residence.
In March 1995, in Griffith Park, a 5-year-old girl was knocked down twice by a coyote before being saved by her mother.
In June 1995, a coyote chased three boys on University of California, Riverside property, biting a 7-year-old.
In July 1995, a Griffith Park coyote was chased away once, but returned and bit the leg of a 15-month-old girl.
In September 1995, a coyote attacked a 3-year-old Fullerton girl in her yard, biting her face, head, and thigh.
In November 1995, a coyote at University of California, Riverside chased playing children, biting a 3-year-old boy.
In June 1996, a coyote grabbed a 3-year-old Los Altos boy's head and hand and began dragging him toward some bushes before he was saved by his 15-year-old brother.
In February 1997, a coyote severely bit a 4-year-old girl in her yard in South Lake Tahoe. The heavy snowsuit she was wearing protected all but her face, and she was rescued by her father. The coyote stayed in the unfenced yard until police arrived and shot it dead. Earlier that morning, the coyote had bitten the hand of a man who was feeding it.
In May 2000, in La Mesa a 3-year-old boy was bitten on his side, resulting in 4 puncture wounds.
In June 2001, in Northridge, a coyote seriously injured a 7-year-old, but was finally fought off by her mother.
In July 2001, a coyote bit a 3-year-old Irvine boy in the leg while he was playing in his yard. The boy was saved by his father.
In October 2001, in San Clemente, a coyote attacked three children playing on a schoolyard, biting and scratching an 8-year-old girl on back of neck and a 7-year-old boy on the back and arm. A third student was also attacked, but the coyote only bit his backpack.
In November 2001, a coyote that a San Diego family had been feeding bit their 8-year-old daughter.
In December 2001, in San Gabriel, a coyote bit a 3-year-old girl in the head, grabbed her shoulder and started to drag her away, but was chased off by her father.
In May 2002, in Anza-Borrego State Park, a coyote bit a boy, who was sleeping in a sleeping bag, on the head.
In May 2003, in Highland, a coyote came into a neighbor's garage chasing after 2-year-old girl, biting her on the arm.
In July 2003, in Granada Hills, a boy was walking his family's 2 dogs when they were attacked by three coyotes. One dog was killed and the other injured before they were rescued by his father.
In August 2003, in Apple Valley, a coyote attacked a 4-year-old boy on a golf course, biting him on the face and neck before he was saved by his father.

I see what you're saying. Phone Post 3.0

I go camping at Fraser Island regularly and have seen them countless times. They are dangerous specially if they start to hang around your camp site.

from October last year
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-26/dingoes-attack-two-women-on-fraser-island-off-seqld/5842290

from august last year
http://m.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/three-fraser-island-dingoes-destroyed-after-attack/2353421/ Phone Post 3.0

I googled that drop bear and at first I thought this video was real. Seemed scary as fuck to me. Go me

http://youtu.be/-WD_Nh_rboQ Phone Post 3.0

ImWideOpenForWeidman69 - I go camping at Fraser Island regularly and have seen them countless times. They are dangerous specially if they start to hang around your camp site.

from October last year
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-26/dingoes-attack-two-women-on-fraser-island-off-seqld/5842290

from august last year
http://m.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/three-fraser-island-dingoes-destroyed-after-attack/2353421/ Phone Post 3.0

Dingoes attack two women on Fraser Island off south-east Queensland

A dingo
Photo

Tourists are advised not to approach dingoes on Fraser Island.

AAP: Jim Shrimpton - file photo

Dingoes have attacked two women while they were jogging on Fraser Island off south-east Queensland.

Paramedics were called to Yidney Rocks on the island about 7:00am on Sunday.

A woman was treated for leg injuries and taken to Hervey Bay hospital.

Doreen Cash from the Yidney Rocks Beachfront Apartments said the two women were staying at the units.

She said the two dogs "appeared out of nowhere" and started to harass the women.

"She was bitten above the knee and I believe she also had puncture marks lower down on the leg," Ms Cash said.

She said the woman's friend received "a grazing bite below the ankle bone".

"A couple of fishermen came out from the huts that are situated in proximity to where the dogs appeared from and chased the dogs away," Ms Cash said.

Three Fraser Island dingoes destroyed after attacking man

THREE dingoes that attacked a man on Fraser Island this week have been destroyed by Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service rangers.

A QPWS spokesman said they were destroyed In the interest of public safety and he described the attack as savage and unprovoked.

"The three dingoes were closely monitored and tracked by rangers to confirm identities following the incident near Happy Valley (on) Monday night where a 25-year-old man was left with deep cuts and bite marks on most of his body, including his legs, neck, arms and torso," he said.

"Visitor safety is our highest priority and euthanasia using approved humane techniques was the only reasonable course of action as these dingoes posed an unacceptable risk to human safety, with evidence they had become increasingly unwary of, and aggressive towards humans."

But attacks are not that common really they just come in looking for food. So you have everything looked up. Phone Post 3.0

Fucking Coyotes in Los Angeles.
Saw people run away (leaving their kids) from one of the biggest ones I ever saw at Balboa Lake in Van Nuys. Mofo was huge and my Pitt was still a pup so we went the other direction but the coyote looked to be just roaming not really looking for food.
Also at the VA Center in Northridge. Those are small but they don't allow dogs in the park. Mullholand Dr. View up Hayvenhurst used to have wild ones, not sure anymore. Phone Post 3.0

We have Coyotes everywhere here. ( eastern ky ) I hear them almost every night when I leave for work. I don't recall any actual attacks on humans but they are hell on pets and livestock. There was also a mountain lion killed this year in Ky. Phone Post 3.0

Girl I knew had one of those cutsie toy mini poodle purse dogs that were all the rage a few years ago.

One night after dinner she was pulling up to her driveway just as a Coyote hopped out of her yard with her dead dog in it's mouth.   She ran after it throwing her purse & shoes at it.  The damn Coyote just sat there and looked at her like 'you aint gonna do shit bitch' and slowly trotted away with her bloody poodle in it's mouth.

this dingo just killed a shark!!!

ImWideOpenForWeidman69 - I go camping at Fraser Island regularly and have seen them countless times. They are dangerous specially if they start to hang around your camp site.

from October last year

from august last year
Do you live up this way man? Phone Post 3.0

domestic dogs kill babies so why wouldn't a wild dog who is just trying to survive not eat one?

raffin -
ImWideOpenForWeidman69 - I go camping at Fraser Island regularly and have seen them countless times. They are dangerous specially if they start to hang around your camp site.

from October last year

from august last year
I'm close. Been to Fraser plenty of times and had to scare of few off.
Was chilling with some mates at Lake McKenzie in the middle of the night and hearing them howl close by was freaky.
Seen one jump straight up onto the roof of a 4wd to get to a some fish in a bucket.
Farmers around me knock them off often due to them trying to get at goats mainly.

In regards to Chamberlain, it's a sad case and I truly feel sorry for them. I don't believe she killed her baby, and to have a line that is known so well around the world would suck quite frankly Phone Post 3.0

Dingos, drop bears, funnel webs, crocodiles, eastern browns, box jelly fish, magpies, and red belly blacks

Don't come here mother fuckers, it's a trap Phone Post 3.0

And hahahaha at using the Fraser coast chronicle as a source. Worst reporters ever! Phone Post 3.0

domestic dogs eat babies too?  wtf?

Dr Doom - I always found this line to be a fascinating insight into how retarded humans are with what they choose to be offended by.

A woman had her baby eaten by a wild dog, only to be wrongfully accused of murder for 25 years, and the whole thing was mainly just laughed about because of a fictional quote and Australian accents.

Just kind of odd that it is culturally acceptable to laugh about that, but put blackface on a shitty Aussie TV show and American media loses its shit.

Fascinating where lines get drawn sometimes.
It does seem like a gruesome thing to joke about Phone Post 3.0

Ziltoid the Omniscient -
raffin -

from October last year

from august last year
I'm close. Been to Fraser plenty of times and had to scare of few off.
Was chilling with some mates at Lake McKenzie in the middle of the night and hearing them howl close by was freaky.
Seen one jump straight up onto the roof of a 4wd to get to a some fish in a bucket.
Farmers around me knock them off often due to them trying to get at goats mainly.

In regards to Chamberlain, it's a sad case and I truly feel sorry for them. I don't believe she killed her baby, and to have a line that is known so well around the world would suck quite frankly Phone Post 3.0
Yeh same man they will do anything for food. Main reason they are so bad is because all the tourists feed them. Been fishing Fraser for years and they are annoying little bastards Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, the way Chamberlain was/is treated is an embarrassment.

As for the dingoes, on the surface, they can be considered to be bothersome shits, especially for graziers out in the bush. BUT, they are an essential facet of the desert's ecology, and help to control MANY feral, introduced animals.

As for Fraser, I've been going there most of my life intermittently. They usually aren't bad if you leave them alone and cover your food. I know some K'gari people there, and they're almost like family to them. Much of the negativity is, as always, driven by the media. When you consider the THOUSANDS of interactions that occur between them and humans each year, the negative events are starkly low.