Austin-1 more match at mania 30?

By Marc Middleton | August 21, 2012 | Comments (80)

Source: PWInsider

Coming out of the SummerSlam weekend events in Los Angeles, word from sources is that Steve Austin will indeed be wrestling one more match with WWE but that match most likely will not take place at WrestleMania 29 in 2013.

Austin's final match isn't expected to happen until WrestleMania 30 in 2014.

The story is that Austin won't come back for anything but a WrestleMania main event. Those familiar with Austin's situation note that he's not physically or mentally ready for the match to take place next year.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/0821/555511/steve-austin/#ixzz24CttUVk4

I would love to see him and Punk have a big WM match. The question is does Austin get the final send off win? Or does he give Punk the big win as a last gesture in the ring?

Smart move.. 29 is already top heavy with The Rock and Lesnar already being confirmed. 

Although could you imagine this triple main event

SCSA v. Punk

Rock v. Cena II

UT V, Lesnar 

Does nothing for the younger talent.. but it would do a shit ton of buys

Austin vs Punk with the right build could be great.
I think Punk could still get a good match out of him. Phone Post

If it's Punk v SCSA, who should get the win?

Wondering if you guys could help me get caught up... Has there been talk of Punk vs Austin from anyone in the know or is that particular match up just a dream match in this forum??

To me the match doesn't make any sense. They both hate the establishment and feud with Vince and family. If anything I would like to see those two teaming up to take on HHH and Vince.

The only angle I can see between those two is Punk straight edge vs. Austin beer chugging, already basically been done vs Y2J.

Please enlighten me.

OliverHumperdink - Wondering if you guys could help me get caught up... Has there been talk of Punk vs Austin from anyone in the know or is that particular match up just a dream match in this forum??

To me the match doesn't make any sense. They both hate the establishment and feud with Vince and family. If anything I would like to see those two teaming up to take on HHH and Vince.

The only angle I can see between those two is Punk straight edge vs. Austin beer chugging, already basically been done vs Y2J.

Please enlighten me.

Punk was still a face with Jericho.

Punk going back into that straight edged cult leader like gimmick with Austin's outlaw mentality would do big business. 

And they've both flirted with the dream match in interviews/social media

Austin would need an opponent that can actually carry him to a good match given his physical condition. Sadly, CM Punk isn't really good at that. The match would be a major dissapointment.

Dolph Ziggler would be a much more logical choice. By 2014,
I'm sure he'll be the biggest star in the company anyway and hopefully Punk will be back to jerkin the curtain where he belongs. Phone Post

Winky is Wright - 
OliverHumperdink - Wondering if you guys could help me get caught up... Has there been talk of Punk vs Austin from anyone in the know or is that particular match up just a dream match in this forum??

Please enlighten me.

Punk was still a face with Jericho.

Punk going back into that straight edged cult leader like gimmick with Austin's outlaw mentality would do big business. 

And they've both flirted with the dream match in interviews/social media

Right, so straight edge Punk is face then, that would make SCSA the heel in his final match?? Or would you suggest to WWE to make the alcohol abusing redneck the face and have all the little kids boo the clean living Punk?? I don't think Austin will be booed no matter the build up and to have the fans boo Punk while running a straight edge gimmick seems PG risky.

I think SCSA main eventing wrestlemania against a broomstick would do big business, I don't think you need Punk to pull off big ratings or hype when SCSA is involved.

Hearing that they have both expressed interest in the match changes everything. If the two of them specifically want to wrestle each other then thats great. Having them both on the same page I am sure they would put on a great show and come up with some storyline that seems half reasonable.

I do like Gino_Corona's idea of Ziggler, even if he is trolling with his Punk comments. Ziggler can sell with the best of them and that is what Austin would need of his opponent.

Stone Cold v "The Savior to the Unwashed Masses" Damien Sandow at WM XXX... !

lmao... reaching...i know.. keke Phone Post

Stone Cold v "The Savior to the Unwashed Masses" Damien Sandow at WM XXX... !

lmao... reaching...i know.. keke Phone Post

dbl post* or what about daniel bryan-san v stone cold.. could be good aswell perhaps. Phone Post

A younger star with great in-ring skills and some name recognition who wouldn't hurt his career jobbing main event vs. SCSA... Daniel Bryan seems to fit the bill very well.

WWE Hall of Fame "Stone Cold" Steve Austin has taken to twitter to debunk rumors that he will be wrestling one final match at WrestleMania 30.
Steve Austin himself re-tweeted a message on Tuesday afternoon that stated,

Don't listen to any dirtsheet or bleacher report! @steveaustinBSR will say if and when he's wrestling again, and that's the bottom line.

Jim Ross then followed up with a series of Tweets further debunking the rumors:
"Sources/'media' saying @steveaustinBSR will wrestle at WM29 have zero credibility. Less than zero. IF Austin ever returns, HE'LL make call."

"4 the anal retentive, this ain't cryptic..@steveaustinBSR has NO plans to have 'one more match' and IF he changes his mind, HE decides."

"Total BS. RT @SlicedTeaDotCom: @JRsBBQ @steveaustinBSR read today that he will wrestle at 30, won't be ready physically or mentally by 29"

1Lesnar v. Rock
2Cena v. Undertaker
3Punk v. Ziggler Wwe title
4Bryan v. Ambrose v. Sandow whc
5Sin Cara/ Rey v. Sabin/ Shelley
6Orton. Seamus. Miz. Rhodes. Cessaro. Rollins. Mitb match Phone Post

Savio Vega vs Steve Austin should be the main event of WM 30.