Australia Cup

Pardon my ignorance - what city is this being held in?

ttt

no, I was serious. I know the Australia Cup is a major tournie but I never thought to ask where it is held(i guess if I was not so lazy i could check it on the weblink)

Melbourne is the correct anwser.

Are any Queenslanders heading down?

ttt - Poly can you answer the questions from page one?

ttt

ttt

what australian title ???I heard there is a australian cup in july in sydney

Run by different organizations.

The (Jiu Jitsu) Australia Cup is running for the fifth(?) consecutive year.

The competition you're talking about in July is running for the first time this year.

ttt

I just want to wish all competing in the Australia Cup tomorrow the very best of luck. I hope you all enjoy yourselves and have a great day.

Nice work with the kimura Chris.

My arms a bit sore now but it should be ok sometime soon.

The time must have been just about over, i actually thought i was up on points because i thought that reversal was counted as a sweep. Oh well, well done!

Well done to all of those who competed today. Some very impressive performances. You all did your respective clubs proud.

What were the results?

mf doom,

It's 12:30 in the morning, after a few beers, this is about as good as I can do:

Purple / Brown belts combined:
1st Travers Grubb (Extreme)
2nd Soa (Extreme - got his purple on Friday)
Trav & Soa pulled off a great performance in beating Dave Krstic and George (who can beat Soa anyway?)

Clinton Grubb from Extreme won both his weight and absolute in the blue divisions with a very impressive performance against big Brendon.

Luke Chapman (Extreme) won his weight division in blue, as did Hansell Co from Gracie Sydney.

Big Robbie Knight won all there was to be won in the white belt divisions - bloody fast mover for his size!

Vic (male)from Extreme had a great exhibition blue belt match with Carmen Jahnke - I think - (female) from Gracie Sydney, due to no other females and no males at Vic's weight. Props to both for putting it on the line.

I also think Anthony Crowe from Gracie Sydney won his weight in blue.

Great to see a team like Gracie Sydney especially come out and support an AJJGA event in such a big way.

Not a huge tourny numbers wise, but jam packed with some really good talent. Also very professionally run without a hitch.

Kakoda, you forgot to mention the absolutely magnificent performances by both yourself and I at the time-keepers tables. It is because of our star performances that everything ran as smoothly as it did. The efforts of Coach's Donehue & Brown were merely secondary. Having said that I think I might as well go out and buy a ticket to a country somewhere in the world where neither of the above mentioned Coach's will ever be able to find me.

It was good to see some of this forum's more notorious member's step up and compete on the day, especially big bad Brendon, Dave Krstic - who also did a good job of refereeing, Paul Dallow, and Rinaldo. If I've missed anyone I apologise.

Ciemek,

Re your 1st comment - I turn my back on you. I know my scoring skills really came to the fore yesterday, but I simply refuse to acknowledge how our Coaches' efforts were merely secondary (not in this public forum anyway - I might send you an email)

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I'd like to thank all those that helped me to get where I am today-THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN U/91kg BLUE BELT CHAMPION.

I had some tough matches on the day.I fought a ninja,a cowboy and,in the finals-a werewolf.I was extremely fortunate that the finals took place while it was still daylight,otherwise I would have had to settle 4 2nd place.I mean I'm good,but I'm not werewolf beating good.if you know what I mean..

I also fought a grizzly bear in the car park after the comp,cos I caught it taking a wizz on my car.

P.S.-This is true