Australian crowd the best crowd?

JBASS - It's a shame that the cage is banned and Vic as it would be much bigger and louder there than what it was in Brissy. A UFC event in Melbourne would be HUGE Phone Post 3.0
Melbourne will be huge..just a matter of time..then you will see something Phone Post 3.0

Our Aussie crowd was better but was still not that good. We go to quite. Though I guess it is Saturday morning. Phone Post

FFTT had the best IMO. Aussies were hilarious though. Phone Post 3.0

I was at both the Gold Coast UFC (Smashes Finale) and Fight Night 33 in Brisbane and on both occasions I was worried the crowd would be filled with ignorant wankers that do all those stereotypical things that make me cringe - ie: boo good fighters, boo ground work, etc. etc. I was pleasantly surprised at each event this wasn't the case.

The Gold Coast had a much smaller arena and you could tell the crowd was more 'educated' if that makes sense. Or more hardcore into the sport. The first few fights were just magical on the Gold Coast, they would fought almost in total silence except for polite clapping for good strikes, transitions and changes in the momentum of the fight. There was a great roar for each major event and for every fighter, and only a few calls from the crowd which were mostly funny.

Brisbane had a few more wankers in the crowd but all in all for an arena holding 12,000 people it was damn good. The only boos were for the ref Steve Percival who in our opinion stopped the fight too early when our Aussie Richie Vaculik was just escaping being mounted. We gave it to Steve each time he came out afterwards though Richie's opponent looks like he thought it was us booing him for beating an Australian. It wasn't - he fought well and it wasn't his fault. Other than that there was one fight in the crowd and the dickhead got taken away by the Cops which was fan-fucking tastic because he missed out on Hunt vs Silva. Serves the wanker right.

I'd hate to be part of a crowd that boos a fighter who wins legitimately or boos inaction after 5 seconds of grappling. It was said before that the US get a lot more events so I suspect there is a lot more 'casual' fans going to them rather than the very limited options we get in Australia.

UGCTT_Teila_Tuli's_Tooth -
Snooty - 
UGCTT_Teila_Tuli's_Tooth -
OCMikey's Drunken Mistake - 

[quote] I can only imagine what it was like at the Rogers Centre for GSP vs Sheilds[/quote]

I was there live, second row for GSP vs Shields.  The crowd was definitely loud at times (prob loudest for GSP entrance).  Was a great memory.  That said, I still feel the full completeness of the crowd personality couldn't match the Bigfoot/Hunt crowd.

I think the peak of the crowd for Hunt vs Bigfoot was amazing, but overall that crowd can't touch UFC 110, the first event in Australia. That night (day) was special from the first time James Te Huna walked out for the first fight all the way through.

The other thing I find amazing out our Aussie crowds is the fights are on in the morning. There was more people lined up outside at 8am before the doors opened than people that went to the Rampage Bellator fight. To be so loud and invested in these fights at 10am when we had hardly started drinking yet is amazing.
Wasn't Tehunas first fight at ufc 127? Phone Post 3.0

His first fight in the UFC was the opening fight of UFC 110 against Igor Pokrajac. He came from behind to get the KO late in the 3rd round. From the moment of his entrance to the end of the show the crowd was insane.
Ahh K I remember looking him up on the ug fight database to see when he stomped perosh and they didn't have that fight in there.. Phone Post 3.0

StumblesLamenard - As an Aussie I would say yes we are a pretty fucking sweet crowd but the US shouldn't sell themselves short. I reckon if you guys only got 1 or 2 events a year, then the crowd would be filled with hardcore knowledgeable fans that would do the same. As it stands you get a lot more shows than us. Phone Post 3.0
I'm an Aussie was at the event and couldn't agree more! There's quality all over the world the problem is when quantity takes over Phone Post 3.0

The crowd was great for the fights from what I could tell on tv, but what was up with that one ref being booed so ferociously? They really seemed not to like him lol Phone Post 3.0

I came over from New Zealand.
And the atmosphere in the main event was unlike any sporting event iv attended.

A lot better than the other UFC I have attended (160 in Vegas)

And some of the one liners from the guys I front of me in the badar perosh fight were hilarious.

ELBOW!!!! Phone Post 3.0

Fuck I laughed when someone yelled out (at a time when the crowd was really quiet) "believe in your self nam"

Had to be there. Phone Post 3.0

Also, starting at 8am rather than 8pm means a lot less drunk wankers too. Phone Post 3.0

A great one from the Gold Coast when there was a lull in the fighting was "THIS AIN'T CRICKET" and the whole audience just started laughing. Must have felt so fucking weird to hear that while fighting and everyone cracks up around you...

Voted up as a Aussie I agree Phone Post 3.0

They were fantastic. I'd like to see an Aussie crowd get a fight like Carwin-Brock. That was the loudest and then shocked into silence I've ever heard a crowd in any sport.

Well I sure as hell got a laugh out of them booing the refs everytime their names were announced...

As an Aussie i was happy to see the crowd not boo Shogun like a Brazilian crowd would were the roles reversed.. Phone Post 3.0

I was there too. I had a bjj grading to go to, do was looking at my watch all day. When the hunt fight started though everything went out the window.

I've never been so in awe of two athletes before. The shogun fight was the same too. I remember looking at my mate and saying "holy f#ck, we're about to watch shogun fight". He has done so much you can't help but applaud him instead of booing.

I can only imagine the noise if hunt got the decision. One highlight though was Bruce doing the Aussie Aussie Aussie chant! Never has that been roared so heavenly! Phone Post 3.0

The noise was probably louder in Brisbane because of hunt in the main event and the other Aussie fighters, but the crowd was singing and chanting more at ufc 110 in Sydney.

No matter what though, I passed up on the Tuf smashes final on the Gold Coast because of price, but I won't pass up another when they come back again. They have to do a title fight soon! Phone Post 3.0

The crowd at a british darts game Phone Post 3.0

We've had mms shows in Brisbane and GC for over 15 years so its not our first rodeo. I know a lot of people from MA clubs around the country flew in so it could explain the knowledgable crowd. Phone Post 3.0

No crowd is as good as the Brazilian crowd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIj46jPZ6Ng