Auto Dealer license....

Anyone have one? How was the process of obtaining it? I'm always buying and selling cars as kind of a hobby. I'll buy it, drive it for a few months and sell it for a profit most the time. Was thinking of getting a dealers license and then hitting up the auctions. I'd like to be able to flip a car a week on average to supplement my income. Phone Post 3.0

License to print money if you know what you are doing.

Not that hard to acquire.

I think it depends on what state you are located in. My friend got one in Colorado. He had to take some sort of class and had to have at least a 600 credit score. I'm sure there's more to it than that.

Are you mechanically skilled? Can you properly detail a vehicle? If you can do the work yourself, you will make a lot more money. Phone Post 3.0

I looked into this in texas a few years ago. Everything about the regulations seems intended to ban doing exactly what you are doing. You have to have a full lot, an office with a minimum number of chairs, the lot must be fenced in, you have to have the store open for a minimum of 40 hours a week, etc. It's complete bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

QuinTheEskimo - I looked into this in texas a few years ago. Everything about the regulations seems intended to ban doing exactly what you are doing. You have to have a full lot, an office with a minimum number of chairs, the lot must be fenced in, you have to have the store open for a minimum of 40 hours a week, etc. It's complete bullshit. Phone Post 3.0
I'm in florida. I think I read something online about having to have a store front or and shop or some shit. That would suck. Kind of bullshit... Phone Post 3.0

jmfp - I think it depends on what state you are located in. My friend got one in Colorado. He had to take some sort of class and had to have at least a 600 credit score. I'm sure there's more to it than that.

Are you mechanically skilled? Can you properly detail a vehicle? If you can do the work yourself, you will make a lot more money. Phone Post 3.0
Florida. I'm pretty good with cars. I can do about anything. Without a proper shop some jobs are not worth the time and aggrivation but small shit like fuel pumps and ac compressors and shit like that I can do pretty easily. Phone Post 3.0

Flaboy239 - Anyone have one? How was the process of obtaining it? I'm always buying and selling cars as kind of a hobby. I'll buy it, drive it for a few months and sell it for a profit most the time. Was thinking of getting a dealers license and then hitting up the auctions. I'd like to be able to flip a car a week on average to supplement my income. Phone Post 3.0
Cost 25k here in va Phone Post 3.0

Each state is different, I had mine in Georgia. Like someone mentioned, here they prevent you from doing what you are saying. They make you have a lot, phone, sign and inventory before giving you a license. Phone Post 3.0

Flaboy239 - 
QuinTheEskimo - I looked into this in texas a few years ago. Everything about the regulations seems intended to ban doing exactly what you are doing. You have to have a full lot, an office with a minimum number of chairs, the lot must be fenced in, you have to have the store open for a minimum of 40 hours a week, etc. It's complete bullshit. Phone Post 3.0
I'm in florida. I think I read something online about having to have a store front or and shop or some shit. That would suck. Kind of bullshit... Phone Post 3.0

Hit the old local hwy that runs through your town and go to all of the local used car and equipment dealers.

Ask them if you can put your cars on their lot for a fee or a percentage of the profit.

Often times, if they have room and you sell quality cars at a decent price, they will say yes.

Damn, it's easier to flip houses than cars! Phone Post 3.0

You'd be surprised how cheap it might be to lease some place out in the middle of nowhere.

If you have to have a retail location no one says it has to be nice or expensive. You are going to be bringing in most of your customers online anyway so typical things you look for in a retail location aren't so important.

What city do you live in?

Jamien604 - You'd be surprised how cheap it might be to lease some place out in the middle of nowhere.

If you have to have a retail location no one says it has to be nice or expensive. You are going to be bringing in most of your customers online anyway so typical things you look for in a retail location aren't so important.

What city do you live in?
Fort Myers, FL Phone Post 3.0

In Louisiana if you sell more than 4 a year a license is required.

You have to have a location, land line and a sign at least 4x4. You must submit a picture of the sign by the road. They also require you to prove the address is zoned for a business. Phone Post 3.0

Jaxxx - getyourdealerslicense.com is ur new friend Phone Post 3.0
For real? Have you used it? Phone Post 3.0

jasperb - Each state is different, I had mine in Georgia. Like someone mentioned, here they prevent you from doing what you are saying. They make you have a lot, phone, sign and inventory before giving you a license. Phone Post 3.0
This. Also in GA and wanted to get one. It's a pain. Phone Post 3.0

Jaxxx - getyourdealerslicense.com is ur new friend Phone Post 3.0
Doesn't seem legit to me.... Phone Post 3.0

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Fl is a motherfucker when it comes to this. I'm gonna either piggy back off of my friends or use his second commercial address for mine once I decide to get after it. The problem if I got through him he has to pay me a 1099 for selling my own stuff and that can't be good

Jaxxx - yep legit as it gets, but what would i know Phone Post 3.0
Care to elaborate? Phone Post 3.0