Average # of surgeries for 10 fight UFC vets?

These days most guys have to fight say 10 times in the minors before making it to the UFC.

Often times the fighter has participated in kickboxing,wrestling,judo,sambo, or BJJ since childhood before even starting their MMA career.

How many surgeries both major and minor do you think the average 10 UFC fight vet has had?

My guess would be around 8.

I've been friends with Cole miller since forever. Ever since he's been in the ufc he gas had surgery every other year. Phone Post 3.0

I think he got in the ufc in 07 Phone Post 3.0

Gonna be hard to find an average. There are guys who have barely ever gotten hurt/had surgery out there too Phone Post 3.0

Right but it should average out over the roster.

I'd guess at least a few on average, if not during their career then Def in retirement. I mean look at the reports of health issues for retired nfl players that should give you an idea.
Especially once you start getting stuff repaired. From my experience with my knees (2 knee surgeries in the last 2 years) things are never 100 % the same and tends to put more stress on the rest of your body to compensate which leads to more injuries etc. Phone Post 3.0

All athletes tend to come back way to early from injury, or refuse to rest a minor injury that turns into something more serious.  It happens in every sport.  Look at the list that always comes out the day the offseason of a team sport begins.  Usually like 15% of the league will end up getting some form of surgery in the week after the season ends.

Molsonmuscle360 -

All athletes tend to come back way to early from injury, or refuse to rest a minor injury that turns into something more serious.  It happens in every sport.  Look at the list that always comes out the day the offseason of a team sport begins.  Usually like 15% of the league will end up getting some form of surgery in the week after the season ends.

True. Can't say I blame them though. They don't play/fight they don't make money. With their careers so short it's important to earn while they can.
Something also to be said about prolonging their careers though. Phone Post 3.0

My next UFC fight will be my 10th. I'm sitting at 2 knee surgeries in the past 18 months. Phone Post 3.0

Tom Lawlor - My next UFC fight will be my 10th. I'm sitting at 2 knee surgeries in the past 18 months. Phone Post 3.0
Ouch. That's the same frame as myself.

What did you have done? Phone Post 3.0

Tom Lawlor - My next UFC fight will be my 10th. I'm sitting at 2 knee surgeries in the past 18 months. Phone Post 3.0
Hopefully it'll be your last one brother take care. Phone Post 3.0

siebe41 -

Torn the acl/meniscus/mcl in my last fight and had a knee reconstruction done. Re-tore the meniscus getting ready for my last scheduled fight (which would have been on the Dublin show) Phone Post 3.0

I appreciate the input from you pros.

That is the sort of thing that made this place great back in the day.

Tom Lawlor -
siebe41 -

Torn the acl/meniscus/mcl in my last fight and had a knee reconstruction done. Re-tore the meniscus getting ready for my last scheduled fight (which would have been on the Dublin show) Phone Post 3.0
Look forward to seeing you healthy and back at it again, Tom. Phone Post 3.0

Tom Lawlor -
siebe41 -

Wow. Looking forward to seeing you fight again.

The torn meniscus seems to be the popular injury now. Phone Post 3.0