AWARDED MY BJJ BLACK BELT!

You sir, are an inspiration. Congratulations.

Awesome. That is a HUGE accomplishment

Wow! Fuck cancer! Congrats on the awesome feat, sounds like you deserve it. Phone Post

Nice Phone Post

Such a great thing to hear. Congratulations man! You are an inspiration!

Congrats man!!! Phone Post

That is awesome news. Congratulations not only for the black belt, but for getting the black belt when you had so many reasons to quit.

congrats!!!

Congrats man

Awesome brother !

Awesome!
Huge congrats and accomplishment to you.

The fact tat you've never quit is a bigger testament to you than any rank.

Long overdue!

What an accomplishment,especially after beating cancer! Phone Post

I started in 97 aswell... I got mine a couple of years ago.
There are so many things to navigate through on the journey to black belt.... Not all are on the mat but in life too... You did it!! huge congrats!!!.... It sounds like your journey was harder than most.
:)

Congrats.. I hope to turn my blue into a purple soon as I make my journey to a black belt.. Phone Post

McLeod - Hey everyone.

Well, it finally happened. lol.
Today, I was awarded my black belt from Master Carlos Machado and his affiliate black belt Jamel McCurry. It was nothing short of amazing.
I started training in 1997 or so at a Royce Gracie affiliate. Many of you know the story of me being a black belt in kenpo and challenging Royce at a seminar after UFC 5 in 1995. lol. Anyhow, about a year after that was when I went to Craig Cramer's association in Cleveland, OH and began my training.
It's been a looooong road since then, but today was the best martial moment of my life.
Feels surreal. And, like everyone else, I don't really feel like I deserve it.

And yes, in case you don't remember, I am the one who got diagnosed with cancer a few years ago and have had the brain surgery, tumor removed from my back, vestibular and hearing loss, and bone marrow transplants. That guy. :)
So this makes it all the more sweet.

My dad lost his battle to brain cancer. You are the man. Congrats Phone Post

whitejoe - You sir, are an inspiration. Congratulations.

+1000

Wear it to work for a week. ;)

Congrats!!!! Fuck cancer!!!! Phone Post

JJ1337 - details on Royce Gracie challenge?

Yeah this.

Amazing resilience, McLeod, you are a true fighter. We should all feast, and enjoy our manly rights of drinkin and whoring in celebration!

Congratulations dude!!!!! Phone Post