Awesome Choke K.O.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWXcIMjYOXY

13:20 GEO v/s KOR

This IJF Judo channel is pretty sweet. Great job by Neil Adams on commentary, super exiting!

Ono's uchimata - whoah...

The brazilian Leandro Guillerho was spectacular. Lots of uchimatas, Sodes, and seionages, maybe the rule change wasn't so bad after all.

what I wonder is that once players and coaches get used to the new rules, how will they go about exploiting them? For now it seems as though competitors are just being more conservative in how they attack. But once everyone gets comfortable with the rules, isn't it natural to start pushing the limits to increase chances of success?

It's happened with not engaging in newaza to be stood up again, playing the edges/safety zone, playing for kokas, then leg grabbing/running attacks, using the dynamic edge to get a full out sprint going to heaving players off the mat if they've pancaked, etc.

just give them some time.

Great Highlight Video. Looks like it was done by the Fighting Films crew.

Here is the hyperlink.  www.youtube.com/watch

no matter what the rules are, players and coaches will find a way to exploit them.

what is funny to me is that so many people prior to these new rules said that players from countries like Georgia and Russia and Mongolia would be the one's most adversely impacted.... Odd how that has not happened.

JoshuaResnick - no matter what the rules are, players and coaches will find a way to exploit them.

what is funny to me is that so many people prior to these new rules said that players from countries like Georgia and Russia and Mongolia would be the one's most adversely impacted.... Odd how that has not happened.

Without a doubt that will happen - I'm just curious what they'll think up as I think right now, everyone's just getting used to them.

The mongolians are just crazy good and seem infinitely adaptable. I still remember watching Tsaagabataar(sp?) tear through everyone at the New York Open I think in 2003(?) - he was throwing everyone and not engaging in newaza at all so taylor takata decided to try to get him on the ground. That strategy didnt work out so well - Mongolian got all excited and really turned up the heat - i've never seen someone move that fast in newaza. Somewhere in my collection I have it on tape.

As a whole, Mongolia has had an increase in Judo numbers and funds... There is a reason for their success-- besides the fact that their entire population lives at nearly k-2 elevations.

Nice judo, Lucy Decoste is so dominate The brazilian Guillerho had the best throws To badd Ole Bishof is still around and dominates grippping with him. Leg grab needs to be reduced to a shido. How long will it take???

Also, the Mongolians have a historical national tradition of wrestling. Mongolian wrestling is a great platform to launch judo.

Nice.