Awesome Reverse Omoplata in MMA

One of my favorite moves -- Saulo shows that in one of his DVDs or books. You can finish from your back if the guy doesn't roll or you stop him from rolling.

Funny how this is going huge now, been in sambo for years.

Kai Tremeche - Funny how this is going huge now, been in sambo for years.

Interesting you mention this I just came across this video

White Culture - 

Interesting you mention this I just came across this video

Awesome!

WORK!............... j/k

lol WHAT

Very nice.

LOL at the commentary. WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! OH MY GOD!

NICE!!!

sick finish!!! nice match overall too. was that in ontario?

these guys show more talent then a lot of the crap we see in the ufc

awesome sub, gotta learn this for myself

ttt

And it's even harder in Sambo, since you can't cross your feet and lock the sub.

I'll have to feel it, but it doen't look like it will work on people with flexible shoulders. We shall see!

Hoosier Fight Cl - I'll have to feel it, but it doen't look like it will work on people with flexible shoulders. We shall see!

It works on everybody. The submission comes on much faster than a regular omoplata, and with more power than a kimura. Once it's there, you are screwed.

^Cole's a good guy but there is a much better tutorial on Aesopians blog

http://www.aesopian.com/216/reverse-omoplata/

Its a good finish because it is quite a hard sub to get without a gi, unless you drill it a ton.... the arm can slip out easily but he controlled all the necessary points of the oponent to make it work ie. changed the arm triangle, rolled and imediately leaned over the guy and controlled his hips and sat whey back..... that guy knows that move well.... he was also pretty quick with it.

nice ttt.

Truemanc3 - Its a good finish because it is quite a hard sub to get without a gi
I don't find this to be the case. I'd say an armbar from guard is harder to do without the gi than this. Once you have the arm trapped it is very secure if you just make sure you stay positioned well.

So did the guy videotaping it think it was so sick?