Awesome ZST GT-F highlight video

TTT thanks for the highlight

Hey, ZST like I've said before, is like the Heir Appearant to Rings... But I'm starting to think that it's even better.

"They could build up a Yoshida-Imanari match by having them face others, and continuously talk about a prospective match-up between the two, and eventually have them fight for the vacant KOP title at that weight."

They could even have a rematch angle. Baret and Imanari fought each other under submission grappling rules in Kingdom back when Imanari only had about two years of training. Baret won by rear naked choke pretty quickly. But Imanari is way better nowadays.

And don't forget Yoshiro Maeda. He's really had no competition at 141 in Pancrase. Imanari vs. Maeda would be fireworks.

Imanari looked like a killing machine in his one Pancrase fight. His GnP was surprisingly really good.

"Hey, ZST like I've said before, is like the Heir Appearant to Rings... But I'm starting to think that it's even better."

Agreed. ZST continually puts on great shows. I get as excited for a ZST event as I do for UFC or Pride.

"I also thought Jeff Curran looked great."

Agreed. His kimura defense into mounted triangle was slick. I think the Japanese really like Curran's aggressive submission style (and so do I).

We need more grapplers in MMA like these guys. Forceful yet fluid movements w/ fast transitions. Beats the hell out of the snakey Gracie and BTT styles of grappling.

"We need more grapplers in MMA like these guys. Forceful yet fluid movements w/ fast transitions. Beats the hell out of the snakey Gracie and BTT styles of grappling. "

As much as i love Japanese Grapplers ADCC is the proveing ground for the best... sadly only three Japanese fighters placed there Kikuta,Sakurai,Uno

they are still not on the level of Brazil when it comes to mat work.

Flying arm bar,rolling knee bars etc are sweet but that all flash.

"As much as i love Japanese Grapplers ADCC is the proveing ground for the best... sadly only three Japanese fighters placed there Kikuta,Sakurai,Uno "

Most Japanese competitors don't play for points.I'd much rather watch Contenders or another ZST event like GT-F than most of the matches in ADCC.Most Japanese fighters train for MMA,while alot of the grapplers that compete in Japanese grappling events are MMA fighters.Eh,I'm having trouble expressing this,but they don't train specifically for submission grappling like most brazillians do.

pretty cool!!!

ttt

my point taken so to say something like "Beats the hell out of the snakey Gracie and BTT styles of grappling."

is somewhat trollish.

ttt awesome

Ryan G: I meant to say build up an eventual Maeda-Imanari match for the vacant KOP title, not Yoshida. I have no idea why I typed out Yoshida's name, although a match between Yoshida and Imanari under MMA rules would be great as you said.

ttt for exciting grappling

ttt

ttt

TTT for submissions, not out pointing and dry humping.

What I liked about seeing that was even though several of the bouts went to a decision and clearly there *are* points involved, people were going balls out trying to finish each other whenever possible.
I think it's a mentality you have to have and everyone in that event has it.

I recall reading the results for that event a while ago and wondering how Imanari lost so quickly. Seems like it was political, although the way Tokoro and Curran were fighting I could see him losing later on as well.

Terrific highlight.

I love how ZST makes their videos available on the web. For gaijin like myself, it's nice to see actual fight footage that isn't handi-cam'd or poorly compressed from someone's VHS footage.

thnx for the link!!!! Cool vid!