Axel

AxelMania Support the movement..... Phone Post 3.0

Nobody likes Curtis Axel?! Bunch a slack jawed faggots in here.... Phone Post 3.0

I didn't mean that, I actually like you guys.... But if you have twitter support mr. Perfect's son please.... He's actually good in the ring and a great athlete, that's why they've kept him.... He just needs that one thing that gets the crowd behind him... Phone Post 3.0

I don't have twitter but I do like axel. I was looking forward to his pairing with Heyman but I thought he was poorly booked from the get-go. As soon as Trips called him "boy" and bitch-slapped him, I knew there was no chance of him getting over. Phone Post 3.0

I hated how he kept losing non-title matches in order to set up title matches when he was Intercontinental Champion. They never really gave him any kind of story to work with.

The closest he ever got to something meaningful was the feud with CM Punk, which ended up being all about Paul Heyman. Phone Post 3.0

Axel is great in the ring and has the best theme in WWE,
They just need to find him another tag partner

Maybe someone like Justin Gabriel Phone Post 3.0

Justin Gabriel quit recently.

here's how I would fantasy book Axel.

I'd have him go back down to NXT and Freshen up the gimmick a little bit. Maybe lose the speedo and put on some longer shorts or pops old outfit....bleach the hair or shave the head but lose the balding Ceasar cut... just switch it up a little, put over that he has a new attitude etc...

Then I'd reintroduce him by having him interupt a Brock Lesnar promo, he walks right down to the ring gets in Brocks face and say's "My name JOE HENNING and its a disgrace that people like Cody Rhodes or Randy Orton get to go by their family names but I have to hide mine which is just as legendary as theirs.....And this guy got my dad fired!" then spits his gum out and instead of slapping it, open hand bitch slaps Lesnar and screams Come On!! . Shocked Lesnar takes a second then loses his shit, double legs him and beats his ass but Axel almost catches an armbar then keeps getting up fighting back and saying it over and over again all Aldo Montoya/Princess Bride style." you got my dad fired I'll kick your ass"  When Brock is finally done, Axel crawls to the mic and say's "is that all you got!?"   Brock looks back with a grudge of respect for the asswhooping the kid took.... 

and then I book him asJoe Henning the underdog face fighting his way up the ladder. Mr. Perfect is too loved to not want to see his kid fighting for his family's legacy to reach the World Title his dad and Grandpa didnt get.

Or  if I do him a s a heel I'd have him win the NXT title and Shane Douglas promo it... pull out an old AWA belt and name himself the AWA world champion since he isnt the champion of a B-league when they're the better show and the better wrestlers... they arent NeXT...They're NOW!  And they're the best wrestlers in America... then let the HHH AWA invasion begin...

You guys are obviously all very intelligent..... Phone Post 3.0

I've been called the intellectual saviour of the masses. Phone Post 3.0

JJitsu -

I'd have him go back down to NXT and Freshen up the gimmick a little bit. Maybe lose the speedo and put on some longer shorts or pops old outfit....bleach the hair or shave the head but lose the balding Ceasar cut... just switch it up a little, put over that he has a new attitude etc...

Then I'd reintroduce him by having him interupt a Brock Lesnar promo, he walks right down to the ring gets in Brocks face and say's "My name JOE HENNING and its a disgrace that people like Cody Rhodes or Randy Orton get to go by their family names but I have to hide mine which is just as legendary as theirs.....And this guy got my dad fired!" then spits his gum out and instead of slapping it, open hand bitch slaps Lesnar and screams Come On!! . Shocked Lesnar takes a second then loses his shit, double legs him and beats his ass but Axel almost catches an armbar then keeps getting up fighting back and saying it over and over again all Aldo Montoya/Princess Bride style." you got my dad fired I'll kick your ass"  When Brock is finally done, Axel crawls to the mic and say's "is that all you got!?"   Brock looks back with a grudge of respect for the asswhooping the kid took.... 

and then I book him asJoe Henning the underdog face fighting his way up the ladder. Mr. Perfect is too loved to not want to see his kid fighting for his family's legacy to reach the World Title his dad and Grandpa didnt get.

Or  if I do him a s a heel I'd have him win the NXT title and Shane Douglas promo it... pull out an old AWA belt and name himself the AWA world champion since he isnt the champion of a B-league when they're the better show and the better wrestlers... they arent NeXT...They're NOW!  And they're the best wrestlers in America... then let the HHH AWA invasion begin...

That's better than any story I've seen on WWE TV for years. Phone Post 3.0

I think Axel's beard is crappy and makes his face look oddly shaped or something. Definitely needs a repackage if he's going to get anywhere.

JJitsu -

Haha. My name is Aldo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die Phone Post 3.0

It's Inigo Montoya! Calling him aldo been driving me crazy lol Phone Post 3.0

I know it's Inigo but we talkin rasslin so it's Aldo!! Phone Post 3.0

Unfortunately I think Axel is going to go the same way of DiBiase's kid. Great athlete, good technician, and the WWE writers are going to bury the fuck outta him.

DiBiase took it for years, did his best to get over with the fans organically. Hell, he was the guy who was more or less the private sparring partner for The Rock as he got ready for the WM match with John Cena. And the writers fucked him over.

With Axel, it's a bit better. Yeah, the guy's got skill, but there's something about him that I personally don't like. He's not as athletic looking as his old man, and some of his in-ring actions in his NXT matches have been a bit too cheesy. For example, his yelling at the fans. Maybe you need to yell at the top of your lungs for the Wells Fargo Arena where you've got 10,000 people, but in the NXT Arena with 1500 or so, you just come off as a fucking idiot. Also, his recent NXT matches, he's kind of looked flabby.

I don't think Axel was ever or could ever be big strap material. If he got in a bit better shape, his ringwork would make him a IC or US title guy, but he's no big strap guy.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/RAW-gifs-2-2-15-001_002.gif

JJitsu -

Rebranding NXT as AWA is a horrible idea.

Don't let anyone tell you differently. Phone Post 3.0

Chocolate Shatner - Unfortunately I think Axel is going to go the same way of DiBiase's kid. Great athlete, good technician, and the WWE writers are going to bury the fuck outta him.

DiBiase took it for years, did his best to get over with the fans organically. Hell, he was the guy who was more or less the private sparring partner for The Rock as he got ready for the WM match with John Cena. And the writers fucked him over.

With Axel, it's a bit better. Yeah, the guy's got skill, but there's something about him that I personally don't like. He's not as athletic looking as his old man, and some of his in-ring actions in his NXT matches have been a bit too cheesy. For example, his yelling at the fans. Maybe you need to yell at the top of your lungs for the Wells Fargo Arena where you've got 10,000 people, but in the NXT Arena with 1500 or so, you just come off as a fucking idiot. Also, his recent NXT matches, he's kind of looked flabby.

I don't think Axel was ever or could ever be big strap material. If he got in a bit better shape, his ringwork would make him a IC or US title guy, but he's no big strap guy.
I don't think he's very good. He certainly hasn't improved over the past couple of years so I question his work ethic. This #axelmania thing might actually help him but he's no better than a low-card talent in my opinion.

He'd be better off in TNA where they'd have no problem milking his heritage for all its worth. Phone Post 3.0

I always wonder how much of it is a viscous circle thing.

You bust your ass, and the writers shit on you. You keep busting your ass, and you still get shit on.

As you recognize that you're getting shit on, your motivation drops, and you don't improve. Seriously, why bust your ass if you're there as nothing more than name jobber talent?

Then when creative says they have nothing for you or you get criticized for not doing your best, the reply of "hey, my last moment on RAW I was made to look like a total bitch in about twenty seconds. The commentators were fucking laughing AT me, man!"

CaughtItFromARua - 
JJitsu -

Rebranding NXT as AWA is a horrible idea.

Don't let anyone tell you differently. Phone Post 3.0

GTFO you know dick about branding. Branding it something with a legacy and a World level title is exactly what it could use. You could call it UWF if you wanted... either way I gaurantee you I know more about Branding than you so you should STFU and sit down.