AZ heat wave, my god

You think we’d get used to these temps at some point.  Supposed to get 110+ plus. How did people survive without AC? It’s fucking hell 

Its So Hot Here GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It's a dry heat.

1 Like

HillboFrateTrane -

You think we’d get used to these temps at some point.  Supposed to get 110+ plus. How did people survive without AC? It’s fucking hell 

It's not a heat wave it's a normal AZ summer. It'd keeps the pussies out! 

1 Like

Mutant -
HillboFrateTrane -

It's not a heat wave it's a normal AZ summer. It'd keeps the pussies out! 

too bad it does nothing to covid

I"ll take that over 95 degrees and stifling humidity

1 Like

Revenants - 

It's a dry heat.

Not during monsoon season.

HillboFrateTrane - 

It wasn't as hot back in the day when there was no big concrete city -- especially at night.

But yeah... makes you wonder why people built towns here in the first place.

They probably did a lot of napping during the day lol.

I lived in Khartoum for a while; it's the world's hottest city. When it got really hot, power levels would drop, and the AC would shoot out hot air. We used 5' tall clay jugs filled with water, and the evaporation helped. Lived in Nigeria as a kid with no ac. Ma would put alcohol on us so it was cool when it evaporated. In sum, AC is awesome and no AC is horrible.

onepunchJD -
Revenants - 

It's a dry heat.

Not during monsoon season.

True, but I'll take 25% any day.

onepunchJD -
HillboFrateTrane - 

It wasn't as hot back in the day when there was no big concrete city -- especially at night.

Siesta is no joke.

1 Like

swamp coolers

onepunchJD -
HillboFrateTrane - 

They built a town there because their wagon wheel broke on the way to California. 

I think before Air Conditioning, Phoenix was only 50,000 people

PatK - 

yep... I have felt PHX in the summer at 120.... I will take that over 98 in Peoria, il any fucking day....

Might hit 118 ! This weekend ! Oh fuck that !
I went to flagstaff week. Did that Bear Jaw loop trail it rained buckets on me ! Temperature got into the high 50s ! I was also soaking wet ! But damn what a diff ! Under 60 in the mountains at 10500 ft
Got back to Phoenix at 6pm and it was 100 !

Glad I have a pool I’m gonna be jumping into the pool naked every hour on The hot AF days !
Love Arizona but these summers are brutal here !

PatK -

This is about to be my life in NC. 95-100 with all the humidity. 

PeoriaBJJ - 
PatK - 

yep... I have felt PHX in the summer at 120.... I will take that over 98 in Peoria, il any fucking day....

I’ve lived in Arizona 2x , Colorado 2x , Florida , Iowa , Nebraska 2x

One of the hottest days ever in my life was 109 in Nebraska & humid AF ! I was drinking water & swimming at a lake. The heat was fucking unbearable that day ! Almost passed out