B.J. Penn hints at possible retirement from MMA

Is it true Firas invited BJ to train at tristar?

My opinion? Yes.

Having said that, had Penn stayed in the UFC after the draw with Uno, there's no doubt in my mind that he would have built HOF career the likes of which may have never been equalled and we'd be talking about him in the same tones as we talk about Anderson Silva or GSP, two guys that have ruled their divisions almost from the day they won the belt.

Instead, because of his rather fractured committment to his legacy over the years, we now have debates on whether he should be inducted to the HOF, or not. 

Sad, really.

EDIT: Left out my answer.

IHangFromBJsBallSack - 
Sugar Dick -

Nope

No wonder you aren't a grey name anymore...
YEAH BJ PENN! Best fighter ever! He never backed down from a challenge, TO THE DEATH George!!! Phone Post

TO THE 4TH ROUND, GEORGES!

Bat21 - 

My opinion? Yes.

Having said that, had Penn stayed in the UFC after the draw with Uno, there's no doubt in my mind that he would have built HOF career the likes of which may have never been equalled and we'd be talking about him in the same tones as we talk about Anderson Silva or GSP, two guys that have ruled their divisions almost from the day they won the belt.

Instead, because of his rather fractured committment to his legacy over the years, we now have debates on whether he should be inducted to the HOF, or not. 

Sad, really.

EDIT: Left out my answer.

I don't think there should be any debate as to whether he is a Hall of Famer. He won the belt in two different weight classes and beat Hughes at his best.

i dont read that as hinting at retirement...i read that at hinting he wants the ufc to offer him a new contract

Thuglife13 - 
epic hero - Definitely a HOF...damn just sucks to see him go out like this. Wanted to see that one last run at LW.

Agreed...I still hope he comes back for the final run @ 155lbs...The UFC just won't be the same without B.J. :(

He should just retired, I don't think even if he comes back to LW he can beat the top guys in that weight class.

ausgepicht - 
nick diaz nut hugger - 
Sugar Dick -

Nope

Lol. You're really not going to give this schtick up, are you? Phone Post

Sugar Dick if you have a different opinion, especially one that does not border on worship you must have a schtick, be insane or a troll. Worship BJ or else.

ausgepicht: normally I agree with you about that but he is basically the contrarian on every thread, even on simple facts.

he is a shitty troll. At least SuperCalo and God Save the Queen were funny. Sugar dick simply sucks a bag of dicks.

Of course. How is that even a question? And I do believe it is time for Penn to retire. Phone Post

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -

i dont read that as hinting at retirement...i read that at hinting he wants the ufc to offer him a new contract

I was beginning to think I was the only one that thought that. I'll wait until he actually says it(again). I could see him maybe fight one more time at least when he gets inducted to the hall of fame. Kinda like Coleman did. I would really love to see him fight Alvarez before he retires. That's a good match up for BJ and then he can leave on a high note. Phone Post

I don't think he deserves to be in the HOF but they will put him in

Sugar Dick - 

"To the 4th round Georges"

Don't agree with your view on BJ (at all), but that is pretty funny.

Easily HOF. With that being said, I hope to see him @55 at least one last time.

If Severn and Shamrock in the hall of fame BJ Penn is in  for sure.

Same penn who retired already, hissy fit sore loser style? Who needs hints Phone Post

gage949 - First man to win a belt in two different divisions. How can he not be in the HOF? Phone Post

Um Couture was first. Nice try though.... Phone Post

Muzalini -
Sugar Dick -
Mike Adrian -  So has he ever officially been knocked down? Phone Post

GSP.4th.Stool.Quit

Wtf does that have to do with him never being knocked down? Phone Post

Didn't his corner stop the fight? Phone Post

Jesus Christ what a fucking stupid question Phone Post