babalu choke gif

and again, there was no shirt at the weigh ins!!! Not that it would have justified it anyway.

So if based on the "staredown dissing" he is allowed to disregard the ref and hold the choke then shouldn't Tito have legally been killed many times over by now?

"and again, there was no shirt at the weigh ins!!! Not that it would have justified it anyway."

Yes, it would have, IMO.

So was there a shirt or not? Can anyone confirm?

WTF was the shirt supposed to say anyway? If it did or did not exist.

I checked weigh in pix and didnt see a shirt on Heath.

"if your going to front on Babalu at the weigh ins, then ya better be able to take it after he beats you, I think the hold on the choke was rather minor and has been blown outta proportion"

I agree 10000000000%

"WTF was the shirt supposed to say anyway?"

Allegedly, it had a picture of Babalu's mugshot from when he was arrested recently.

If it's true, I'd understand Babalu wanting to teach him a lesson. Seems to me like Heath was trying to be a little too cute.

"I checked weigh in pix and didnt see a shirt on Heath."

A lot of people, including Mikey Burnett say that he did in fact have one on.

it wasnt that big of a deal

they have all been trolled. the tshirt with his mug is an internet legend. Prior to weighing in he was wearing a warrior wear t shirt.

ttt

The rules exist to best protect the fighters. One of those rules is, when the ref signals that it is over (from a competitor tapping out or whatever) then the rule is you immediately cease your attack, be it strikes or submission.

Babalu broke the rules. An exclamation point is a BS reason too... I mean what... did he not kick the guy's ass bad enough BEFORE ignoring the tap?

OK, here's my final say on the matter:

Heath asked for, and got EXACTLY what he deserved. He chose to front up on Babalu at the weigh in, on top of talking big smack leading up to their fight. Now I must say.....it's just NOT real smart on his part IMO!

It is NOT smart to screw with a pro fighter at any time for any reason. And that's even if you yourself, just so happen to be a pro fighter.

Why not?

Well, simply put.....because the guy KNOWS how to hurt you, and now he WANTS to hurt you and not just get a "W" as before. Look, there's gonna be a fight, you and him, man to man, head to head. You are gonna have a fire to deal with in that cage, why in hell would you want to throw gasoline on it???

Now.....here's a man who's gone to WAR with Fedor and Shogun Rua

and Liddell and others.....and you feel the need to throw a little "fire" on him????

I don't get it.

I have seen poster boy Florian hold taps just as long if not longer no-one says a f'n word. What about Kampmann on McFedries nothing said, and that was held a lot longer. BJ on Pulver, the list could go on forever. Something should be done, but 25,000 is a pretty hefty lesson.

why didn't Mazagoti just peel the hand?

I hate that "we needed to make an example" shit. Why not make the rule that you will be fined, and then make the example. It's not like he killed the dude.

Would any of you expect anything you hear about NOT to be exaggerated on?

Based on the GIF it was 3.2 seconds.

I think a 10% purse fine is fair! $5000.00 not too bad.

Smokin' Guns,

You're being ridiculous. Yes, this is a fight, but it's also a professional sport and it is sanctioned. Fighters in MMA and boxing talk shit all the time, it doesn't give a fighter the right to break the rules. If that were the case, Tito Ortiz would have been dead a long time ago. If Babalu was so pissed off, he can (and did) beat the dogshit out of Heath in the fight, but when the ref tells him to stop, he should have stopped.

"I have seen poster boy Florian hold taps just as long if not longer no-one says a f'n word"

Are you serious? The NSAC gave him the fine, not Dana White.

"I hate that "we needed to make an example" shit. Why not make the rule that you will be fined, and then make the example. It's not like he killed the dude."

Why is that necessary? There is no rule that says a fighter will be fined for biting an opponents' throat. But if someone intentionally does this, they should be fined.

bout the same as BJ/Pulver and Hughes/Trigg. This one should be viewed the same as those too. The difference, the blood/pity factor

The commision is going to watch the tape and make a decision on how
much, if at all they are going to defend him. I can think of about 100
fights where fighters tried to punch,kick,knee, or hurt their opponent
MUCH worse than that. Why dont they get 10 threads about it?

Babalu is super nice to everyone he meets. He held on to a choke for 2
seconds longer than he had to. Wow. Shouldnt be a big deal.

Babalu is super nice to everyone he meets

coolest eva !