Babalu "I will never lose here" Bellator Debut

Renato Babalu Sobral talks about his upcoming Bellator FC debut in his current hometown of Orange County, CA. Sobral is friends with many of the participants in the Bellator Light Heavyweight tournament, but makes it known that he will fight anybody and that he never loses in his hometown of Orange County, CA.

Although he is not looking for a fight, if he had to face King Mo, or Jason Lambert; they will fight, but Sobral hopes to be friends after. Babalu talks about the importance of wrestling, for both fighting style and the conditioning aspect. Babalu has been working with Jacob Harmon at Calvary Chapel and loves getting back to his roots of wrestling in Brazil; citing that it makes him feel younger and more energized. Sobral is already on weight a week out from the fight and contributes his work with both Harmon and long time boxing trainer Justin Fortune getting control of his diet.

Sobral is motivated to be part of the Bellator FC tournament, because of the challenge. Citing many variables, such as fighting smart and training smart contributing to long term success in a tournament. Sobral knows that a lot of the guys are thirsty for the tournament victory, but feels confident in himself. Sobral loves to compete in Orange County, and feels like this is the most fun he has had since the Affliction fights.

Renato loves to teach bjj and has a successful school named Babalu’s Iron Gym, located in Cerritos, CA. Joining the Orange County based Bellator FC promotion, has allowed Sobral to teach full time, which is his true passion. Sobral is confident and determined to come out victorious January 17th, as he makes his Bellator FC debut in their 2013 Light Heavyweight Tournament. video credit to @AaronTru from mmaprime.tv Read more:

http://mmaprime.tv/2013/01/12/babalu-makes-his-bellator-debut-i-will-never-lose-here/#ixzz2Ho1eOWZD

1 Like

War Babalu!

I'm inclined to agree with him. He's too good for the talent in Bellator's LHW division.

Too good minus King Mo. King Mo would best him, IMO. Phone Post

Shit, slipped my mind that Lawal's also in this. Favorite to win, but I'm still backing Babalu.

Subbed.

did anyone notice who was drinking from babalu's ice bath at the end of the video?

ttt

Terrell?

I miss Babalu a lot. He was thrown under the bus for that choke, I suspect it was about something else though.

Rafael Dos Anjos drinking from the ice bath at the end lol

I thought King Mo and Babalu wouldn't fight each other because they train and are friends?

If they do I put my money on King Mo...

Haulport - 

I thought King Mo and Babalu wouldn't fight each other because they train and are friends?

If they do I put my money on King Mo...

100percent for the tournament they would fight.  babalu has been around so long that it is not uncommon to know the person or be friendly.  it's just a sport and not bad blood.

War Babalu! One of my favorite fighters.

lol! The game has passed him by years ago imo... AND, Bellator fighters are fucking legit now. Phone Post

I miss the videos of Tru getting his ass kicked by pro fighters for the entertainment of fans, but that was a cool vid.

BY THE WAY, WE STILL REMEMBER YOUR SHADY JOURNALISTIC DEALINGS WITH THE WHOLE CYBORG THING THERE, TRU.

Not sure I am ready to forgive you either.... You still on that frate train or have you jumped off yet? Phone Post

CREamed_by_DongJ - I still remember when he tried to kill David Heath in the UFC

me too lol

Seraldo Babalu will be the best fighter of the night in a dominating fashion and Let me tell you how your feeling right now when you saw what you feel in the fight in the ring!

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

I miss the videos of Tru getting his ass kicked by pro fighters for the entertainment of fans, but that was a cool vid.

i get asked to do it still all the time; even this video they tried to get me to do it and then tried to get me in the ice bath.

those were the good days man.  Unfornuitely I haven';t been motivated for months to do a bit.   For the TRU MMA SHOW, the way I got onto the networks in canada and the us was by promising to do a stunt or fight on EVERY episode.  We were asked for more episodes, but after 10 episdoes I had like 3 concussions, got choked out 3x, knocked out a few times, drank piss, broke both my feet, got staph infection,stitches in my face, 4 ribs disslodged, 1 black eye and pissed blood 1.    If i find something fun and that motivates me, I would do more bits again.

pretend this video is new lol

thanks for the support btw ^^^^^appreciate it