babalu: no big wins in 4 yrs...

why do people keep mentioning him in the mix? he hasn't beaten a very
good fighter since 2003.

also, why is he given a pass for his 2nd chuck fight, when he wanted to
end it as fast as possible so he wouldn't take a lot of abuse from chuck...

i don't see why you guys love him.. very overrated. he had a couple of
huge nights, but that was a long time ago...

"i don't see why you guys love him.."

because he does what you won't FIGHT. He fights hard, and does it for the love of the sport and for his little girl. That's why we love him.

"because he does what you won't FIGHT. He fights hard, and does it for the love of the sport and for his little girl. That's why we love him."

Warpath fights hard and for the sport also, you wanna see him get a title shot?

"he hasn't beaten a very good fighter since 2003."

...and the only very good fighter he's fought in that time is one who hasn't been beaten since 2003. So it's not like Babalu is always getting his ass handed to him against good fighters; he just hasn't had the opportunity to fight many.

Who gives him a pass for the second fight? He looked like an idiot in there.

I honestly think that Babalu has this "mystique" about him that lure some fans into thinking he's much better than he really is.  Top 10?  Maybe, but he's always ranked too high, imo.

Babalu is a great wrestler that has really good ground and aggressive stand up.....Maybe you don't know what ur looking at...... There are'nt that many guys out there on that level, you guys act like he is a dime a dozen

People expect too much on here. Babalu is a good fighter. Sure he didnt do well against Chuck but Chuck can make anyone look bad. I'd really like to see him fight some of the other top guys in the division and I bet we would see him doing much better.

why don't they match him up against a tough fighter? maybe one of the
TUF guys? I don't know... it's like they pad his record, and then all of the
sudden he is in-line again for a title shot...

Yes, let him fight Tito.

Good matchup frank, I'd love to see that one!

I remember watchin a World Extreme Fighting show that had Renato "Babalu" Sorbal and Antonio Rodridgo "Minataro" Nogueria on them. This was early in their MMA careers. I thought that both of them would go on to become stars, however, at the time I thought that Babalu was going to be the bigger star of the two. I obviously got that part of it wrong.

"I remember watchin a World Extreme Fighting show that had Renato "Babalu" Sorbal and Antonio Rodridgo "Minataro" Nogueria on them. This was early in their MMA careers. I thought that both of them would go on to become stars, however, at the time I thought that Babalu was going to be the bigger star of the two. I obviously got that part of it wrong."

I was at that fight, Jan 2000.  That's when Babalu punted Kohler's head.  Also, Mino "won" over Horn in a super close fight.

thats better than only being able to finish ken shamrock in the last 5 years and still being considered a legit top 10 lhw.

Babalu vs. Griffen Is a good matchup.

Vs Tito I see him losing.

Slie

Babalu v. Tito - UFC make it happen.

Babalu v Tito would be great, they both need to make combacks so wtf not?

Man....I'd love to see Babalu tear up Forrest....I love that guy & he is a total asset to the UFC

I also think Babalu is 2nd only to Chuck.

ttt for Babalu. Can't wait for his fight next week and to see him make another run at the belt..

The second Chack fight was (imo) a fuggin work. I mean Lorenzo Fertittia was spotted dropping a check off at his ambulence after the KO... He's too smart to take that game plan in there. The whole thing was mad fishy.

That being said, who's better at that weight? Not fuggin Tito. God I hope they make that fight (which they won't because Tito's their little gate keeper now) becasue Renato will smoke Tito.

Who's better besides Chack? I get it, he's not liked 'cause he wasn't on the show right?