Babalu officially off Affliction 2 card

http://www.mmanews.com/other/Exclusive:-Babalu-Off-Affliction-2-Tito-Wont-Be-Ready-For-Oct..html

By Chris Howie

August 27th, 2008

Although it was an early rumor that Tito Ortiz would make his Affliction debut against Babalu on October 11th when the company makes it's second foray into the MMA event world, the fight has been scrapped altogether from the card as has Renato "Babalu" Sobral who was set to appear.

"Babalu is not going to be on the card," Affliction VP Tom Atencio told MMANews.com today "He is actually going to be fighting for Strikeforce (against Anthony Ruiz on September 20th) and the only fight we were looking at for Babalu was Tito Ortiz."

There is also some additional comment on the Ortiz situation in the article 

TTT

Personally, I'm just glad Babalu finally has a date set to fight

Yeah I could phrased that better... I meant hearing his name mentioned in all sorts of scenarios constantly is a little tiring, being non-exclusive is one thing, but with Babalu it gets a little silly

How is that news? Babalu has been officially booked on the Strikeforce card for a couple weeks. There was no way he was going to fight twice in three weeks.

More genius promoting by Atencio

Babalu was one of the few guys they didn't grossly overpay, and got a huge fan response, compared to most of the other guys with no fan bases they inexplicably overpaid (Nelson, LIndland, Sylvia, etc)

Babalu/Little Nog would be an awesome fight, I've wanted to see that one forever

HardyJenns - 

More genius promoting by Atencio

Babalu was one of the few guys they didn't grossly overpay, and got a huge fan response, compared to most of the other guys with no fan bases they inexplicably overpaid (Nelson, LIndland, Sylvia, etc)

Babalu/Little Nog would be an awesome fight, I've wanted to see that one forever

I'm pretty sure he signed with Strikeforce before Affliction came along, so it could just be contractual obligations, and it certainly doesn't mean he won't be back for Affliction 3