Baby Boomers....

My dad is a baby boomer. I am on the older end of the millennials. I have sat through entirely too many holiday events and thanksgiving dinners hearing about how much better the baby boomers are. It's like waiting for that drunk guy to leave the party so everyone can enjoy themselves. Congratulations... Military people returned home and had sex and now here you are. I know the baby boomers are important being the largest population segment in our history and they "lived through" the tumultuous times of the 60's and 70's. But looking back at it. Big fucking deal. Women should be able to work and make money. Black people should be equal. Gay people should be able to get married. These are all hindsight (2020) events. Vietnam was a mess for all the poor souls who were there but there are plenty of guys my age still stuck out in the fucked up Middle East. And I think anyone in the military (past or present) should have more of a say in our political agenda than say.... Drunk uncle Pat after 4 scotches. The Cold War was a political build up that was probably scary as shit back in the day but WW3 luckily didn't happen. I'm tired of the older baby boomers I know telling me that my generation hasn't done shit. We're all 30 years old! How about you give us some fucking time to make some things happen. Yeah yeah I know, stop complaining. Each group will have their hardships so everyone relax. Except for '15ers. Those guys are the worst. Phone Post 3.0

Baby Boomers effected more change by the time they were in their late teens than your generation will do by 50. No one cares about you're college debt and no one cares that you went to fuck up Iraq for a bunch of corrupt assholes. If you had actually listened to all the Gen X lyrics from the music you guys like so much you would have seen our generation telling you things were fucked up. But you chose not to listen and blindly drank the Kool Aid and went off to participate like good little sheep. You didn't protest anything on any significant scale, you just went off to fight. Now you want a say and are upset that your faggy humanities BA can't get you a job and uncle pat thinks you suck? Well that's because you do, from your music to your fashion sense that copies older generations fashion you're just a bunch of posers....

See anyone can go off another generation, we all have our flaws. Now somebody do Gen X Phone Post 3.0

Baby Boomers have ruined this nation by rebelling against the values & ethics that allowed their parents to survive the Great Depression and WWII.

Baby Boomers have allowed radical Islam to flourish and start what history will show to be World War III, and their fiscal policy caused what history will show to be the Second Great Depression.

JJitsu - Baby Boomers effected more change by the time they were in their late teens than your generation will do by 50. No one cares about you're college debt and no one cares that you went to fuck up Iraq for a bunch of corrupt assholes. If you had actually listened to all the Gen X lyrics from the music you guys like so much you would have seen our generation telling you things were fucked up. But you chose not to listen and blindly drank the Kool Aid and went off to participate like good little sheep. You didn't protest anything on any significant scale, you just went off to fight. Now you want a say and are upset that your faggy humanities BA can't get you a job and uncle pat thinks you suck? Well that's because you do, from your music to your fashion sense that copies older generations fashion you're just a bunch of posers....

See anyone can go off another generation, we all have our flaws. Now somebody do Gen X Phone Post 3.0
Dad? Phone Post 3.0

All people are cunts basically.

For all of time.

I think the issues people have with Baby Boomers is what OP was saying they think they were God's gift to the US. At least the WW2 crowd had WW2 to hang their hat on. Baby boomers remember themselves as the generation that caused all these changes yet most baby boomers I know are racist as shit.

Now I know some people helped with the Civil Rights laws and people protested Vietnamn, but last I checked Civil Rights were passed because it was inevitable, the black community was tired of the shit and finally they stood up and started that movement. Vietnamn ended because it was a disaster not because of the Hippies (Millenials protested Iraq and we're still dealing with that shit over there).

I'll give the boomers one thing they had a lot of good music and did work hard (when you didn't need a college education to earn a half decent wage and could actually have a trade where you learned on the job). But like JJitsu said each generation has their strengths and weaknesses. But baby Boomers are pussies compared to the WW2 generation.

"Baby Boomers have ruined this nation by rebelling against the values & ethics that allowed their parents to survive the Great Depression and WWII"

This

I used to be all fuck baby boomers they're the most selfish generation, made abortion and divorce the norm, created the Latch Key kid yadayadayada....  I still think its disgraceful that they sold out as hard as they did when they got older and went against the values of their youth. BUT once you get out and start living on your own and paying bills like an adult and getting older and realizing things arent so black and white,  you realize they were all out of the house and out on their own way younger than Gen X or Gen Ybother...  I dont hate them as much as see them as participating in the system that was there before them. Jack Kerouac and the Beatnicks of the WW2 generation started a lot of the shit hippies take the credit for, same with the race and abortion issue. The WW2 guys came from the depression and were a hard generation. They werent nearly as supportive of their kids ADHD or Bi Polarness or Faggyness. They didnt have the benefit of getting to live at moms till 30 and figure out what they wanted to do with there life. So they gave those oppourtunities to their kids and while it may have done them a disservice, it wasnt malicious IMO.

JJitsu -

I used to be all fuck baby boomers they're the most selfish generation, made abortion and divorce the norm, created the Latch Key kid yadayadayada....  I still think its disgraceful that they sold out as hard as they did when they got older and went against the values of their youth. BUT once you get out and start living on your own and paying bills like an adult and getting older and realizing things arent so black and white,  you realize they were all out of the house and out on their own way younger than Gen X or Gen Ybother...  I dont hate them as much as see them as participating in the system that was there before them. Jack Kerouac and the Beatnicks of the WW2 generation started a lot of the shit hippies take the credit for, same with the race and abortion issue. The WW2 guys came from the depression and were a hard generation. They werent nearly as supportive of their kids ADHD or Bi Polarness or Faggyness. They didnt have the benefit of getting to live at moms till 30 and figure out what they wanted to do with there life. So they gave those oppourtunities to their kids and while it may have done them a disservice, it wasnt malicious IMO.

I agree about it not being malicious and really this all popped into me head while sitting at the office listening to three older baby boomers patting themselves on the back by questioning the ethics of people my age and questioning the values that people in my generation have. They don't get facebook, they don't like the music, they don't want gay teachers teaching kids gay stuff, they are not thrilled about having a black president I mean the list goes on and on. Phone Post 3.0

The problem is your kids will think you are all pieces of shit also.

and you will find them reckless and lacking in morals just like you.

TheHouse - 
JJitsu -

I agree about it not being malicious and really this all popped into me head while sitting at the office listening to three older baby boomers patting themselves on the back by questioning the ethics of people my age and questioning the values that people in my generation have. They don't get facebook, they don't like the music, they don't want gay teachers teaching kids gay stuff, they are not thrilled about having a black president I mean the list goes on and on. Phone Post 3.0

Oh yeah dont get me wrong they can be some serious selfish shitbags !

My stepdads a rocket scientist and pretty good at fucking up peoples theories on stuff, So I of course went off on almost the same diatribe as yours to him once. His point was just that what if they were just reacting to the world they were given. Eisenhower is going off on the military industrial complex in the 50's, vietnam was started by the greatest generation. Abortion, Racism, Heroine and drug use, corruption were around way before the 60's and in some cases it was worse... the cold war was real and scary to them. Looking back its just a buildup or whatever but at the time they really thought a revolution in this country could possibly happen. So they're really guilty of maintaining the status quo

So I have a meeting with my team and John Foggerty and his people a few months back. Nicest guy, and his wife tells him to tell us his story. And so he sits there and say's how he was a patriotic kid but didnt agree with the war but wanted to follow the rules so went in to the reserves when drafted. Then he gets out and is called a scumbag for going in. He gets a hit song and knows he's having issues with the band and knows the labels taking their money...typical story.  He felt powerless, the only thing he could do about it was write his songs and so he wrote all of their hits and about 4 albums worth of music in a year. the passion that he had for that subject still 40 years later telling a bunch of marketing douchebags is what got me, he wasnt just a rich old asshole, you could still see the teen angst that I had as a Gen Xer with grunge and that I assume you millenials had with your...panic at the disco?? Then we go to his concert and hes shredding still.  So I wouldnt trade my baby boomer music for Big band or  their movies or art for them not to have existed, they effected a  lot of positive change to this planet. Its just sad their politicians and greed are now ruining that legacy. 

Basically they took the fortune and prosperity after ww2 ran it dry. The. Partied it up during the 70s 80s and 90s while paying for it with a credit card under the next gen's name. Then now that they are older they want everything their way and to be taken care of via social security all while bitching that everyone is lazy and spoiled Phone Post 3.0

http://youtu.be/o1Sal6N5OiE

George Carlin. Relevent. Phone Post 3.0