Back surgery #2 Monday TME/AMA

If this doesn't work the Dr says i will need a fusion at L5/S1. This is my second surgery. First was may 1st of last year. Nerve pain is back in my left leg and its curb stomping my ass right now. TME/AMA Phone Post

Good luck bro Phone Post 3.0

No fusion.

Avoid at all costs if possible.

Hope this surgery helps you out. Phone Post

Damn, good luck man. I have issues with a disc in that very spot, L5-S1. The pain sucks. I've become so inactive because of it, and it doesn't go away unless I stop working out , but it lingers. I'm feels like I'm playing the waiting game. I think eventually, i'll need surgery, and it freaks me out :(

Anyway, I hope everything works out for you bro. Phone Post

Get well soon man! Wishing you the best!

Maby 3 will help your back pain? Phone Post 3.0

Don't do it. Whatever you do don't do it. Can never will never be able to undo surgery. I'm 1 surgery in. Will never do number 2. I'd rather be potentially fixable. Phone Post 3.0

Get well brother. Heres too a speedy recovery Phone Post

bakobell - Don't do it. Whatever you do don't do it. Can never will never be able to undo surgery. I'm 1 surgery in. Will never do number 2. I'd rather be potentially fixable. Phone Post 3.0

What did you have done? At this point i am out of options I believe. My disc is protruding more than 1.5 cm and is all over my nerves. The back pain I can take. The nerve pain never lets up. Its pretty brutal. Phone Post

SamOnDrums - Damn, good luck man. I have issues with a disc in that very spot, L5-S1. The pain sucks. I've become so inactive because of it, and it doesn't go away unless I stop working out , but it lingers. I'm feels like I'm playing the waiting game. I think eventually, i'll need surgery, and it freaks me out :(

Are you having back or nerve pain or both? Phone Post

nevertap -
SamOnDrums - Damn, good luck man. I have issues with a disc in that very spot, L5-S1. The pain sucks. I've become so inactive because of it, and it doesn't go away unless I stop working out , but it lingers. I'm feels like I'm playing the waiting game. I think eventually, i'll need surgery, and it freaks me out :(

Are you having back or nerve pain or both? Phone Post

Both (I think). My back pain is dull and varies, never TOO bad. But I've had occasions where I moved the wrong way and it just hits me. 10/10 sharp pain, and I kinda just freeze, cause its so bad. My leg(s) ache afterward too. Does that sound like nerve pain? Phone Post

The nerve pain in my leg is pretty bad. Not an ache. Sharp shooting and radiating pain and burning / stinging. And some numbness and loss of sensation. I also get some vicious cramps in my leg from the nerves as well. The nerve pain is primarily in my left leg. Midway down my butt cheek to just below my knee and also on the outside of my thigh. Phone Post

How did it go OP? Phone Post

Hope you're doing well OP. I've found no one really knows what is wrong with me. Very interesting article posted here on the Og about a doctor who thinks he can cure a huge amount of back pain with antibiotics of all things. His premise is that most back pain is caused by infection. Look it up. Phone Post 3.0

So far still getting over the soreness of the procedure. Was a little worse this time than the first one. Nerve pain has stopped and numbness is gone. Just hope it stays that way this time.
I haven't seen that article but i will try to find it. Not sure what antibiotics could Do for a ruptured disc but to avoid another surgery I'd damn sure try it. Phone Post

I have the same fucking thing.
L5/S1.
this thing is a muthafucker!
Had corisone injections which helped with the pain but I still have numbness and weakness.

going on Wed to be scheduled for microsurgery.

is that what you had, Microsurgery?

I am laying in a hospital bed recovering from a fusion right now. I tried everything this was the last resort for me Phone Post

jake11 - I have the same fucking thing.
L5/S1.
Had corisone injections which helped with the pain but I still have numbness and weakness.

Microdiscetomy. This was my second in the same location ( L5-S1). Every surgeon I've talked to in this area say they will not do a third. Fusion is there next recommended course of action. Both times I was up walking within 20-30 mins of waking up from the surgery. Nothing more than soreness from the actual procedure. Don't sweat it bro. It's not bad at all. Just make sure once you are home to get up every couple hours and walk some so the soreness doesn't set in and you'll be fine. I was scared shitless the first time, this time i couldn't wait to get it done. It seems like the nerve pain in my leg was more intense this time around even though it wasn't as widespread. The recovery is fairly easy if your Dr is decent at all. Good luck to you brother. I hope it's your only one. Phone Post

battle777 - I am laying in a hospital bed recovering from a fusion right now. I tried everything this was the last resort for me Phone Post

How is your recovery going? What did you try prior? I am kinda in the same boat. Even though I've heard all the horror stories and surgery was the last thing i wanted I didn't have many other options. The first time my disc was protruding a little over 1cm and this time it was over 1.5 cm. And all that happened within one year. Fuck me i hope it's not a sign of things to come. Fusion scares the living shit out of me. Phone Post

nevertap - 
jake11 - I have the same fucking thing.
L5/S1.

Microdiscetomy. This was my second in the same location ( L5-S1). Every surgeon I've talked to in this area say they will not do a third. Fusion is there next recommended course of action. Both times I was up walking within 20-30 mins of waking up from the surgery. Nothing more than soreness from the actual procedure. Don't sweat it bro. It's not bad at all. Just make sure once you are home to get up every couple hours and walk some so the soreness doesn't set in and you'll be fine. I was scared shitless the first time, this time i couldn't wait to get it done. It seems like the nerve pain in my leg was more intense this time around even though it wasn't as widespread. The recovery is fairly easy if your Dr is decent at all. Good luck to you brother. I hope it's your only one. Phone Post

serious question...
Do you even lift bro?

I'm serious, my only real hobby is working out. It relieves stress and boosts my self esteem. I love to squat and deadlift. I'm afraid that I might not be able to do these things again.

if you lift weights, were you able to get back to the gym after your surgeries?

After I learned what I have going on, I've met a ton of people (all men) that have had the same thing. L5/S1 or sciatic nerve issues due to a herniated disc. It's amazing how common it is. I really think that the key is finding a good Dr. I know my guy is good.
I'm going to post my results here.