Backlund and Daniel Bryan

Am I wrong to compare the two? Pure wrestling ability and unexplainable charisma. Anybody else see this? Phone Post

Sort of, but I feel that Bryan>Backlund. He knows how to engage the crowd in a way that few wrestlers do.

I think Bryan has the ring skills and has better mic skills than Backlund did.

Backlund didn't have charisma until he was old, and even then he had to be heel which makes almost everyone look good.

Isn't it funny that when Bryan was called up for NXT everyone said he had no charisma, so much so that it was the main focus of his fued with The Miz and now Bryan is one of the more entertaining talkers in the WWE?

fryabusa -  Isn't it funny that when Bryan was called up for NXT everyone said he had no charisma, so much so that it was the main focus of his fued with The Miz and now Bryan is one of the more entertaining talkers in the WWE?

yeah, I as well as many others were worng.  I was wrong about Miz too.

I seen the talent in Miz when he was jobbing in tag matches. Just had that factor, one of the very few that could make it look real, like an old school style almost. And I didn't even have any idea of his reality background at the time. Just happened upon him one day flipping channels and was like "wow, that dude's awesome".

Of course, bryan is charismatic, as is punk. they weren't indy stars for no reason. You should do at least five years on the indy circuit before you get called up. And not the developmental, either. Just schools, gyms, and fairs, etc. The actually chances of you being a natural megastar (opposite of someone just pushed like Batista) in wrestling and not coming up through the ranks are slim to none. The powers that be seem to think they can just grab someone because he's big and built, or comes from some other realm of entertainment, or because it's his bloodline, well, it's a nice thought, but not really practical, IMO.