Backpacking Europe... TME

I've been thinking a lot lately about planning a 15 to 20ish day trip to Europe. Not sure where all I would like to go or what I would like to see other than Amsterdam for sure. I've read about people taking trains to to different cities in different countries and staying for a few days in each. Anyone ever taken backpacking trips that can give advice, suggestions, or tips?

I'm 24, single, homeowner, good career. If its possible I'd love to plan a different trip like this every year for the foreseeable future. I don't plan on settling down any time soon, and I would love to get out of the country and spend my twenties seeing the world. Phone Post 3.0

Oh and as per the rules here are some random Louisiana sloots. Blue if you would.

http://i.imgur.com/sh8KDI1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nQaGnkf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Mfw4soU.jpg Phone Post 3.0

CJax - Oh and as per the rules here are some random Louisiana sloots. Blue if you would.

http://i.imgur.com/sh8KDI1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nQaGnkf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Mfw4soU.jpg Phone Post 3.0

What time of year?

In January don't go to Stalingrad.

In July don't go to Roma.

I'm not sure honestly. At this point I will honestly probably plan for next year. Unless its affordable I could at the end of this year. September? Phone Post 3.0

In september you could go pretty much anywhere climate wise.

But you might want to check out when the locals have vacation and when tourists are around. Greece in July and Greece in October are two completely different places.

What are your main goal?

- Party, get laid and have a good time?

- See interesting shit?

CDarwin -

In september you could go pretty much anywhere climate wise.

But you might want to check out when the locals have vacation and when tourists are around. Greece in July and Greece in October are two completely different places.

What are your main goal?

- Party, get laid and have a good time?

- See interesting shit?

Pretty much a combo of this. I want to see and experience places. Places old with history and exotic. But I'm 24... Partying will happen if partying is available lol. So yea Phone Post 3.0

CDarwin -

Dem curves. I would vote you up my I accidentally used mine in some random thread. Phone Post 3.0

Get a Euro rail pass then u can go just about anywhere in the EU with the one ticket Phone Post 3.0

24 and a homeowner already, what do you do? Phone Post 3.0

Pretty much everywhere in Europe has some sort of historical significance. I live in Italy right now and I can't walk down my street without seeing 1000 year old buildings. Literally.

And, if you're from Louisiana, pretty much everywhere is going to be "exotic." I can give you some suggestions but you'll need to be more specific about what you're looking for. Your budget will also play a role. You can travel around relatively inexpensively, stay in hostels for next to nothing, and party on the cheap if you're hanging out with a certain crowd.

Since you're only going to be there for a few weeks, I recommend you figure out the big things you want to experience and see and then structure your trip around that.

^Yup. Most common mistake is to cram too many places in, ending up with memories from trains and trainstations mostly.

Make several alternative plans. Start out with three desitinations or so and stay for as long you are having fun (which might mean you only go to two places, or one, or five.)

Getting to know people means better partying, more ass and more local knowledge.

If yo are always on the move you will not get to know people, party less, not get laid and not know what to do.

I'm thinking about travelling round Europe next year when I get laid off

So far I've planned getting the ferry from Newcastle to Norway, do about 3 days each in Oslo and Stockholm then down to Copenhagen and just keep working my way south from there Phone Post 3.0

CJax - I've been thinking a lot lately about planning a 15 to 20ish day trip to Europe. Not sure where all I would like to go or what I would like to see other than Amsterdam for sure. I've read about people taking trains to to different cities in different countries and staying for a few days in each. Anyone ever taken backpacking trips that can give advice, suggestions, or tips?

I'm 24, single, homeowner, good career. If its possible I'd love to plan a different trip like this every year for the foreseeable future. I don't plan on settling down any time soon, and I would love to get out of the country and spend my twenties seeing the world. Phone Post 3.0
24, homeowner, and a good career....my hats off to you man. Sounds like you've done well for yourself so far. Enjoy life and travel, have fun. Phone Post 3.0

iHazpoopz -
CDarwin -

Dem curves. I would vote you up my I accidentally used mine in some random thread. Phone Post 3.0
Appreciate the thought lol. She was great. Phone Post 3.0

Larry Appleton - 24 and a homeowner already, what do you do? Phone Post 3.0
I'm a machinist. I bought my house right after I turned 22. Trying to sell and upgrade now. Phone Post 3.0

Try to avoid making it a castles and churches tour Phone Post 3.0

KFP49 -
CJax - I've been thinking a lot lately about planning a 15 to 20ish day trip to Europe. Not sure where all I would like to go or what I would like to see other than Amsterdam for sure. I've read about people taking trains to to different cities in different countries and staying for a few days in each. Anyone ever taken backpacking trips that can give advice, suggestions, or tips?

24, homeowner, and a good career....my hats off to you man. Sounds like you've done well for yourself so far. Enjoy life and travel, have fun. Phone Post 3.0
Hey I appreciate it. Yea I decided to save up my last few years with the parents and not party much so I could go ahead and get a head start in the right direction. I refuse to pay monthly somewhere and have nothing to show for it. While most people are wasting their money on truck upgrades and booze, I save it and stay at home. You seriously don't have to be wasted and partying to get laid. And there's a certain sense of pride I take in never having to have ever asked my parents for a thing. They're better off helping my other siblings. Phone Post 3.0